HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

FAQ: Wet Carpet - Interior Leak Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
LARRY70GS
Fanatic

Name : Larry
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Wet Carpet - Interior Leak Problems   Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:56 pm

98riv wrote:
I have water leaking in the trunk around the bolt for the trunk hinge.  Is the bolt attached to the trunk hinge and what is the best way to seal it?  It looks like the factory sealed it with some tar like material.

Mine leaked there also. I used some clear silicone around the attachment points and that sealed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Wet Carpet - Interior Leak Problems   Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:39 pm

So I ended up loosening the nuts and lifted the hinge and put some seam sealer around the holes. It stopped the water leaking around the bolts, but I am still getting some water coming in around a seam where two panels meet. I'll have to double check the seam in the trunk channel to see if I missed a spot.

Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Wet Carpet - Interior Leak Problems   Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:26 pm

The factory seam sealer can dry out and shrink. It's worth looking at all of it. It may need to be peeled off and re-sealed. Seam sealer is cheap! wink Are you in a hot/dry climate? (just curious)
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Wet Carpet - Interior Leak Problems   Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:56 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
The factory seam sealer can dry out and shrink. It's worth looking at all of it. It may need to be peeled off and re-sealed. Seam sealer is cheap! wink Are you in a hot/dry climate? (just curious)

The factory seam sealer was dried out and falling apart, so I had removed the old and applied new seam sealer. I must have missed a spot the first time around. I don't live in a dry climate.

FAQ: Wet Carpet - Interior Leak Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5