Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)

Go down 
+2
Rickw
Derek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) Empty
PostSubject: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Does anyone know if the aeroforce scan gauge can be used on 95 rivs with obd-1.5? It seems like the connector should fit but I'd like to know if the gauge can get a reading from the obd-1 computer. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:17 pm

AeroForce only list's the gauge as compatible with 96 and up.
Even if you had one to test, before buying, I think you would get such limited info from it that it wouldn't be worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Hmmm, well thanks for responding Rick. I emailed the company today detailing make, model, ect and asked if they know whether their products would fit our cars. I haven't heard back yet and I'm impatient by nature so I thought I'd throw it out to the board. If I do hear back from them I will happily post any info they send me.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 pm

I do not know for sure, but based on my experiences with OBD-1.5 I would say the answer will be no.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Considering they haven't responded yet I'm guessing you're correct. I couldn't find a phone number to contact them, but I am persistant and haven't given up yet. Lol

I received word back from Aeroforce tech and unfortunately their answer was no, all of their products are designed to be used with obd 2 systems. Sigh... Damn obd-1.5.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Too bad you (we, 1995 owners) couldn't borrow one from somewhere and see what it might do. 

Aeroforce's answer may be completely accurate that it won't work on pre OBDII systems, but they also may just be giving the conservative answer of "no" since it wasn't designed & tested to do so and they can't guarantee it will work well, or at all.  I can certainly understand that.

So if we had one to test, it still might be an interesting experiment.... just to see.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:35 pm

I can say first hand it won't work on the 95. No data, no signal, just error message.  I have one for the wife's 98, and of course tested it on my 95.

Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Karma wrote:
I can say first hand it won't work on the 95. No data, no signal, just error message.  I have one for the wife's 98, and of course tested it on my 95.

Well, I guess that settles it!  Thanks
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

Name : Going Nowhere Fast
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Okay I have to keep plugging and unplugging my gauge to get it to work. Everything keeps saying a 3 wire but I have 4 Blk wht grn and red... so if I splice the wire and slap a tap on too and get it fused it shall work right? Well its not working for me at all then what am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)   Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Aeroforce Scan Gauge Question (Series I SC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Scans & Tuning-
Jump to: