Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Abaddon's Riv

Go down 
+40
Animator
Johnny5
98riv
Sir Psycho Sexy
matt270avian
T Riley
Snowdog
al_roethlisberger
charlieRobinson
llamalor2112
Neg Maron Rivi
deekster_caddy
ghpcnm
Derek
BlownRiv
bigdave
crlombardi69
turtleman
L67
flyineagle96
GMFreak8
J. Chris Davis
albertj
97 park ave
ghost88
AA
Eldo
robotennis61
Rickw
Jayrydingslab
stan
Tank
DEMonte1997
VJD2
Hometown Hero
BMD
florence_x
Abaddon
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:00 am

BMD wrote:
This is getting exciting Scott. Just curious, are you using a phone camera?, because the pics are not doing your work justice. shocked

Yeah. Took them with my phone at work. I have the USB cable for it there, so I can upload pics at my terminal. The final pics will be with the the 10mP...promise Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 Icon_win

Eldo wrote:
You DO realize what this means, don't you... There is now a moral imperative to find chromed rocker covers, chromed exhaust headers, chromed alternator and chromed injector plumbing! Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 Icon_co2

(Hmmm... Does anyone chrome heads and blocks??)

Haha. Yes I know. I keep looking under the hood at all the rough cast Aluminum crap that can be polished. Rocker covers are a definite to go with the S/C and thermo housing. I think the polished Alu with some anodized parts is gonna look sweet. Mind you, I'm only doing this to kill time..... Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 388242
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:14 am

Well, I'm done with the outside of the main housing. Here's another cell pic for ya. As promised, I will use the "good" camera when it's totally done and assembled. I didn't worry about getting the "mounting" surface perfect, as you won't see it when it's on the car anyway.

Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 101229_170729
Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 101229_170743
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:33 am

Nice. How bout I send you a shell and you can do another since it was so much fun? wink

I hope you're going to do the nose-drive too?

Name : Name
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Very nice I have done the same to rims and it was a TON of work. Halfway through the first 6 hours you start wondering why you even bothered happy
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Karma wrote:
Nice. How bout I send you a shell and you can do another since it was so much fun? wink

I hope you're going to do the nose-drive too?

LOL yes the nose is getting done too. Karma, if you sent me a shell to polish, I'd do it. But, I'd be sending you this one to work your machine magic on the bottom side.....

BlownRiv wrote:
Very nice I have done the same to rims and it was a TON of work. Halfway through the first 6 hours you start wondering why you even bothered happy

I've been wondering that ever since I started. But, once you dig in with the 36 Grit, you're committed. neutral
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Name : Chris L
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:06 pm

I almost have it all together but one of my bolts fell out the bucket! I'm still looking for that and I only have enough energy for go fast mod's. All for go and not much for show! When you gonna stop shinning that rock and put it on with a N* TB?
Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:45 am

I've already got a N* installed man! This blower isn't going on 'till the new engine is built.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Well, it happened again.....guy at work backed into the front left of my car. Got the sidemarker, the bumper, fender, and trim molding. WTF!!!!!! shout
This car is a god damned target......
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Ouch!!! Wtf is wrong with ppl?! Its not like its a small car and easy to miss! The idiot literally backed up into a land yacht for gods sake! Morons! I hope you gave him hell for it!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Dirty rats!
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:08 pm

What a shame...will insurance cover it? sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

That sucks, but it looks like an easy case. If insurance doesn't cover, the shop should help, if it happened on company property. Does the other guy work with you?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Well....I found out about it from the porter. I went outside to call him a racial slur (which he laughed at), and he told me I should look at my car before I leave. I asked him "why"? Apparently my co-worker backed into it, got out, wiped the paint off of my car, and left. Didn't call me, text me, nuthin. So I sent him a text message asking him if we were making a police report.....all he said was "no".
I confronted him about it this morning. He said he was too pissed to say anything. Makes me wonder if he was gonna try and get away with it.......either way, it's gettin fixed at no cost to me.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:49 pm

That really sucks. Sounds like he was trying to get away with a hit and run. To pissed to say anything? It's his own fault. I'd be reaming him a new one, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Abaddon wrote:
I confronted him about it this morning. He said he was too pissed to say anything. Makes me wonder if he was gonna try and get away with it......

Sure sounds like it. Boooo.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Sorry to hear Scott. I sure hope you get her fixed, maybe put a few extra bucks into it yourself and get the whole thing done. Either way its gonna be pretty awkward at work. It'd be tuff for me to get along with that guy after smackin' into me and taking off. You know its funny, every time I park my car somewhere I always walk back to her looking to see if anyone hit me, its just a natural thing I do.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

I do the same thing. Usually I'll park away enough where no one else is parked to.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 pm

J. Chris Davis wrote:
I do the same thing. Usually I'll park away enough where no one else is parked to.
I could park on the back side of a 40 acre corn field and some fool would park their door banger up next to me mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Yep...ur right Dave. I always park in the back 40....I don't mind the walk. But you'd think in a shop of 7 people, things would be different.... mad
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:53 am

Abaddon wrote:
Well, it happened again.....guy at work backed into the front left of my car. Got the sidemarker, the bumper, fender, and trim molding. WTF!!!!!! shout
This car is a god damned target......

Scott, I totally comprendo... Last year my GOOD BUDDY was backing out over a hump in the parking lot and I could see that he was going to "lunge" when he got over the bump, but he was too dumb to see it and in my panic I forgot about the 'panic' button on my remote! I was sitting in the window yelling and just hitting Lock to make a few feeble tweets of the horn... CRUNCH into my LF fender with the brand new, no-longer-available, NOS wheel-well molding! ARGHHH!!! hammer

Even worse for you, at that time I got the next-to-last NOS fender in the whole damned country....
I wish you luck, and a dark, unwitnessed parking lot for your coworker.... evil
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 am

Well, I'm sad to say, that after 7 years of absolutely beating the sh*t out of my 12" JL's, one of them finally let go yesterday. Let us pray....Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 Jesus

I was driving home listening to Jeezy, when the dreaded low frequency fart emitted from the subs. I opened the trunk when I got home, only to find that the right sub decided to come unglued (surround to cone). I almost shed a tear. I'm not sure if I want to invest in some new ones, or send it to JL and have it repaired. Until then, I guess I'll just deal with 1 sub Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 521238
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:32 am

Oh wow. I hope that don't to mine.
Back to top Go down
Neg Maron Rivi
Special
Neg Maron Rivi

Name : Rubens
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

That's a beautiful Rivi Abaddon... Great Job. I can't wait until i get a fresh new candy paint on my Rivi.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77237089@N02/6923718689/
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:42 pm

YAY! My transmission clutches and steels FINALLY arrived at the distributor. Payed for and shipped out today. So, on the way to my work is a Raybestos Stage 1 HP module, 3.29 gear upgrade, and an entire rebuild kit. I can't fuggin wait twisted I've had to wait anywhere from 10-30 minutes every morning until the car would move. All the seals gave out. It's been like this for about 3 months now. When the car warms up, it's fine...

Next is the screaming rotor bearing in the S/C....
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:26 am

Awesome lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abaddon's Riv
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: