HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 
 

 Abaddon's Riv

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost88
Member


Name : Abe
Location : DC/DMV Area
Joined : 2009-02-25
Post Count : 146
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:32 am

do you have a link or p/n for the exhaust tips? those are exactly what im looking for!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4150
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 pm

ghost88 wrote:
do you have a link or p/n for the exhaust tips? those are exactly what im looking for!
I'm trying to locate a P/N for you. They are GM tips optional on '04-'07 GP's. If I remember correctly list price was about $350 for the pair. They are true stainless. 4 years now and not one flaw.....
I checked on monsterpartsonline.com, and they only list the tips for the "Spring Edition", which was a GP with special ground effects and single round tips. I'll call the dealer later....
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4150
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:22 pm

joy
Phase 1 of stupid crazy engine build is complete....
Some of you may remember a post of mine (don't remember which thread) where I mentioned a FREE engine I needed to go and get. Well, I got it! Ratchet strapped it into my dad's van lol. It has EVERYTHING minus the S/C and TB, which I'm not worried about. This engine came out of a 2002 GP GTP. It has a spun crank bearing. Friend of mine put a new engine in the car (for someone else), and the guy never came back for any of it, so here it is....



The crate has all the little stuff in it (valve springs, retainers, etc). I even have all the sensors too, and a few harnesses. In the Diamond box is an extra set of factory pistons and rings.



With the engine came brand new Clevite 77 Cam and Crank bearings, ARP Head studs/bolts and nuts, and ARP Valve retainers. It's a head start...



I literally have everything. I need to inventory it all and sell off what I won't need. I now have 2 sets of exhaust manifolds with 1 crossover pipe that I know needs to go. I need to get to my dad's house this weekend and make room for the start of the project. We need to finish the suspension on his '51 Chevy Pickup and get the body back on the chassis to make the room......I'm just happy to finally have this in my possession. The goal has gotten 1 step closer to completion.... twisted
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Expert
avatar

Name : robotennis
Age : 55
Location : las vegas
Joined : 2007-12-17
Post Count : 5558
Merit : 142

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:37 pm

u lucky dog
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Junkie
avatar

Name : Mark
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3014
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Imagine what you could do if you just sunk it through the floor of that van...
3gears
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6066
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 pm

FREE, is always good, but, let the expensive building begin. J/K

Have fun building this and please do it Over The Top.
Make us proud and make sure it is capable of blowing up at least the first transmission.

Before you offer any parts from engine engine for sale, PM me. Just being greedy, yet realistic.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:21 pm

astros are the shit rock
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Junkie
avatar

Name : Mark
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3014
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Rickw wrote:
FREE, is always good, but, let the expensive building begin. J/K

Tell me about it... A friend of mine bought a beat-up '75 International 4x4 pickup for $350, and he's now spent almost $5,000 on the engine and transmission!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6066
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:24 pm

97 park ave wrote:
astros are the shit rock

Have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
But it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 pm

chevy astro, the van in the pics...
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6066
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:35 pm

WTF does that have to do with the Title of this thread.

Abaddon's Riv.

Absolutely notin.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6066
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Eldo wrote:
Rickw wrote:
FREE, is always good, but, let the expensive building begin. J/K

Tell me about it... A friend of mine bought a beat-up '75 International 4x4 pickup for $350, and he's now spent almost $5,000 on the engine and transmission!

I hope the body is clean. but even if it needs work, they are cool trucks / vehicles.
And I'm sure it went far beyond the "Stock" original rebuild.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Rickw wrote:
WTF does that have to do with the Title of this thread.

Abaddon's Riv.

Absolutely notin.
ok so eldo can say somethin about the van but not me? i dont know who pissed in your cheerios but you dont have to take it out on me.

Rickw wrote:
Eldo wrote:
Rickw wrote:
FREE, is always good, but, let the expensive building begin. J/K

Tell me about it... A friend of mine bought a beat-up '75 International 4x4 pickup for $350, and he's now spent almost $5,000 on the engine and transmission!

I hope the body is clean. but even if it needs work, they are cool trucks / vehicles.
And I'm sure it went far beyond the "Stock" original rebuild.
youre really going to respond to my comment with saying that this thread is about abbadons riv and then start talking about a 75 international? at least the astro was in a pic in this thread unlike the international youre talking about, dick.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6066
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

Oh, just shut the fuck up. nobody cares about you and your Feelings getting hurt.

Man The Fuck Up. Or go sit on the potty.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:11 am

Rickw wrote:
Oh, just shut the fuck up. nobody cares about you and your Feelings getting hurt.

Man The Fuck Up. Or go sit on the potty.
seriously wtf is your problem? did i say anything about my feelings? i think youre just mad that you had no reason to be such a dick, and on top of that made yourself look like an idiot by continuing to talk about something even more unrelated to the topic of this thread that what i said.
you got issues dude, this isnt the first time that you have picked a fight with someone for no reason, dont you have somethin better to do?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Expert
avatar

Name : robotennis
Age : 55
Location : las vegas
Joined : 2007-12-17
Post Count : 5558
Merit : 142

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 am

Ricks Prince Albert is infected.it puts him in a tizzy...
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6066
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:21 am

97 park ave wrote:
Rickw wrote:
Oh, just shut the fuck up. nobody cares about you and your Feelings getting hurt.

Man The Fuck Up. Or go sit on the potty.
seriously wtf is your problem? did i say anything about my feelings? i think youre just mad that you had no reason to be such a dick, and on top of that made yourself look like an idiot by continuing to talk about something even more unrelated to the topic of this thread that what i said.
you got issues dude, this isnt the first time that you have picked a fight with someone for no reason, dont you have somethin better to do?

All I care to do is REPEAT myself.

Shut The Fuck Up. You are nobody to me and offer nothing.

JUNIOR.......
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Expert
avatar

Name : robotennis
Age : 55
Location : las vegas
Joined : 2007-12-17
Post Count : 5558
Merit : 142

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:25 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:58 am

Rickw wrote:
97 park ave wrote:
Rickw wrote:
Oh, just shut the fuck up. nobody cares about you and your Feelings getting hurt.

Man The Fuck Up. Or go sit on the potty.
seriously wtf is your problem? did i say anything about my feelings? i think youre just mad that you had no reason to be such a dick, and on top of that made yourself look like an idiot by continuing to talk about something even more unrelated to the topic of this thread that what i said.
you got issues dude, this isnt the first time that you have picked a fight with someone for no reason, dont you have somethin better to do?

All I care to do is REPEAT myself.

Shut The Fuck Up. You are nobody to me and offer nothing.

JUNIOR.......

why dont YOU shut the fuck up, do you think youre something to me? wtf is up your ass, all because i said something about an astro? youre calling me junior when youre acting more immature than me? what does that make you? crazy
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Junkie
avatar

Name : Mark
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3014
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 am

robotennis61 wrote:
Ricks Prince Albert is infected.it puts him in a tizzy...


I suppose that's as good an explanation as any... cool
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4150
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 am

Are you guys done yet? You realize you've wasted almost 2 whole pages of this thread for nothing.......
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Are you guys done yet? You realize you've wasted almost 2 whole pages of this thread for nothing.......
i apologize scott, if the astro comment bothered you then its my fault. other than that you can see that i was the victim of one of ricks childish outbursts. i figured i could comment on the vehicle being used to haul your new engine, rick seemed to think it had nothing to do with the thread but then started talking about a 75 international that is nowhere to be found in this thread and probably not even this whole board. i wont express my opinion anymore, people here dont seem to be able to handle it.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4150
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 pm

The Astro comment didn't bother me, it's the entire situation that further ensued. I wouldn't mind if everything from this post up until Ricks post about the engine parts gets deleted.......
No hard feelings to anyone, just knock it off. ALL OF YOU



cheers
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4150
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 pm

So, I was bored at work the other day. I remembered I have the upper end of my new motor at the shop, including the GenV Blower. I thought it might be cool to polish the Thermostat housing. After that turned out marvelously, I decided I'm going to polish the S/C. Wtf was I thinking? LOL. I bought about $240 worth of Aluminum polishing stuff, including a Matco gear driven "grinder" with a quick-connect for all the polishing attachments. I'm committed now....

The thermo housing after being blended and smoothed, but before polish


After a good polish. I think it's awesome.


I did one little part of the S/C just to get an idea of how it's going to look. It's going to take a TON of blending, but it's gonna be sick.


After I took this pic, I blended the parts underneath what's shiny, and that crease where the PCV goes. I can't wait to get this done. Although most of it is done with air tools, I still need to hand-sand in all the little corners and such. I used a brown Scotch-Brite pad to get rid of the "golf ball" effect first, then blended the edges with small grinding stones. Hit it by hand with 320 grit sandpaper, then a 3 stage polish with the new tool. It's awesome. It's going to take a shitload of work. But, my forearms will get huge, and I'll be able to see my ugly face every time I open the hood wink
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru
avatar

Name :
Location : Finger Lakes of New York State
Joined : 2007-05-31
Post Count : 6508
Merit : 121

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:25 pm

how long will it hold the polish - or do you have to anodize it clear or something?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
 
Abaddon's Riv
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Abaddon's Riv

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: