Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Abaddon's Riv

Go down 
+40
Animator
Johnny5
98riv
Sir Psycho Sexy
matt270avian
T Riley
Snowdog
al_roethlisberger
charlieRobinson
llamalor2112
Neg Maron Rivi
deekster_caddy
ghpcnm
Derek
BlownRiv
bigdave
crlombardi69
turtleman
L67
flyineagle96
GMFreak8
J. Chris Davis
albertj
97 park ave
ghost88
AA
Eldo
robotennis61
Rickw
Jayrydingslab
stan
Tank
DEMonte1997
VJD2
Hometown Hero
BMD
florence_x
Abaddon
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:30 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
That's scary! Hope things get better soon Scott.

Yeah me too! I'm now back to 6 cars. My driveway looks like a salvage yard. I have a smashed Aztek (we bought it back), her "new" Aztek (same year, different color, lower miles, leather), the Camaro, my '97 and '98 Rivs, and my Jimmy.

I'm going to gut the smashed Aztek and sell pieces. I can probably bank $1,000 or better on the entire powertrain, rear end included. I also have to take all the front lenses and headlamps out and transfer them to the new one. The new ones are faded/yellow. I also want to transfer over the new struts/mounts, shocks, alternator, etc etc .

Talking to the woman, I can buy a hoist for the garage. It's going to be years before I can build a separate garage for all my car stuff, but I do have room for a small hoist in the main garage. I think I'm going to get one of those scissor lift hoists that are portable. After talking to our hoist guys at work (I've known them for 10 years), he'll hook me up with one. 110V, 6,000lb 48"-54" lift height. That gives me enough room to drop cradles and engines. I seriously need to sort these cars out. After the Aztek is gone, I can start ripping the '98 apart.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 pm

I know I've said this before, but I'm very, VERY close to driving the '97. The itch is getting pretty bad. The cards I've been dealt in the last couple years haven't involved either Riv mad
The garage almost has space now. But, at least all of my Riv parts are located in one spot now. I have a pile of boxes in the garage with all the new stuff, and an engine sitting on the floor. The house is finally taking shape, so I think I can insure and plate the '97......the pool is done, had 3 130' Oaks cut down, and 7 more trimmed.

I'm thinking that I should, at the very minimum, just drive it. It won't rot as fast that way. I keep having to fill up the passenger rear tire, as it goes flat in 4 days. Got a 100' hose on my compressor to reach it lol.
So many projects. I wish I had a magic wand popcorn

EDIT: Annnnnnnddddd I'm back at the Dealer. Other place didn't work out so well......
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 12:30 pm

welcome back!
New homes are quite the project!!

Looking forward to seeing the progress on the 97.
Jbird
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:22 am

So, I got insurance on the '97. Now I can't find the damn title to get a plate headbutt
I've found every other title except for the one I need. Wtf.....
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Spent DAYS looking for a title when I decided to sell my 02 Regal, it had been paid for for years.
Seems I never did get one, Ohio doesn't send you a copy unless you request it nowadays.
I just thought I had misplaced it.
bonk

Jbird
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 8:56 am

So, I found my copy of the title application and the bill of sale, but still no title. Looks like I have to make a trip to SOS.....yay.

I've owned this damn thing for almost 4 years now. My god time flies when you aren't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:13 am

and still, unmolested.
You're slipping! grimace
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Abaddon wrote:
So, I found my copy of the title application and the bill of sale, but still no title. Looks like I have to make a trip to SOS.....yay.

I've owned this damn thing for almost 4 years now. My god time flies when you aren't paying attention.

It even flies when you're paying attention. I've been looking through old threads and I see myself talking about mods that are still in the future. How did that happen?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 8:31 am

Got my plate yesterday cool  
I'll be drivin the '97 this weekend.

I've decided that I'm going to build a "floor" under the '98 so I can work on it. I'm going to get some 3/4" tongue and groove sheeting, and put it under the car (my driveway is stone). Then it's going up on jackstands, and I'm going to start taking it apart from there. Gonna look ghetto for awhile rolleyes  Good thing you can't see my house from the street lol
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am

Sooooo, last night I air up the tires, grab some change to go wash it, turn around in the driveway, and my foot goes to the effin floor. Popped a brake line headbutt
Actually, the lines are fine. It's one of those stupid steel junctions that got wasted. Ugh. I'm gonna rent a car dolly and tow it up to work so I can fix it.....
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Don't feel bad, it would have happened to me while entering a corner.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 6:30 am

Been there, got my share of adrenaline... )  Only in my case it was actual tube, not the junction.
Ended up replacing all tubes with the copper ones. Took a liitle while to master the art of tube flaring, though...
Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 C7ad239afe3155c931f9c75ada44a7ca

At first I was sceptical about my creation, was expecting leaks or something. But after 1k miles all connections are dry, now I'm pretty confident.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 am

DeepFrozen wrote:
Been there, got my share of adrenaline... )  Only in my case it was actual tube, not the junction.
Ended up replacing all tubes with the copper ones. Took a liitle while to master the art of tube flaring, though...
Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 C7ad239afe3155c931f9c75ada44a7ca

At first I was sceptical about my creation, was expecting leaks or something. But after 1k miles all connections are dry, now I'm pretty confident.

Where did you get the NiCopp tubing?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Jack the R wrote:

lol Not funny, but haha.

There's an aftermarket place in my town that sells the Ni/Copper brake pipe in big rolls. I got to use it for the first time when I worked at that aftermarket hole. Awesome to work with. GM doesn't recommend anything other than double walled tubing (the shit you can't bend). Apparently, one well placed stone will wreck your world with the copper stuff. It is very soft....
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Jack the R wrote:

lol  Not funny, but haha.

There's an aftermarket place in my town that sells the Ni/Copper brake pipe in big rolls. I got to use it for the first time when I worked at that aftermarket hole. Awesome to work with. GM doesn't recommend anything other than double walled tubing (the shit you can't bend). Apparently, one well placed stone will wreck your world with the copper stuff. It is very soft....

When I redid the lines on my Riv I used the coated doublewalled. It is holding up OK but I wish I used CuNiFer or NiCopp. Those alloys were available from NAPA etc. but not in stock locally at the time and, unfortunately, I needed to do the job immediately. SMH.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 9:18 am

Well, the '97 is here at the shop with me smile Rented a tow dolly and got her here this morning. Now I can stay after work and fix her....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Abaddon's Riv - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abaddon's Riv
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: