HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Abaddon's Riv

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Aficionado

Name : Scott
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: Abaddon's Riv   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:30 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
That's scary! Hope things get better soon Scott.

Yeah me too! I'm now back to 6 cars. My driveway looks like a salvage yard. I have a smashed Aztek (we bought it back), her "new" Aztek (same year, different color, lower miles, leather), the Camaro, my '97 and '98 Rivs, and my Jimmy.

I'm going to gut the smashed Aztek and sell pieces. I can probably bank $1,000 or better on the entire powertrain, rear end included. I also have to take all the front lenses and headlamps out and transfer them to the new one. The new ones are faded/yellow. I also want to transfer over the new struts/mounts, shocks, alternator, etc etc .

Talking to the woman, I can buy a hoist for the garage. It's going to be years before I can build a separate garage for all my car stuff, but I do have room for a small hoist in the main garage. I think I'm going to get one of those scissor lift hoists that are portable. After talking to our hoist guys at work (I've known them for 10 years), he'll hook me up with one. 110V, 6,000lb 48"-54" lift height. That gives me enough room to drop cradles and engines. I seriously need to sort these cars out. After the Aztek is gone, I can start ripping the '98 apart.
Back to top Go down

Abaddon's Riv
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25