Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

PCV Valve Location

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
black shadow
Enthusiast
black shadow

Name : walter
Merit : 2

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:53 pm

I have a 95 supercharged Riv and I am trying to find the pcv valve, it sure isn't in the normal places and they don't make a Haynes Manuel for these cars, anyone have any theories? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm pretty sure you'll find it beneath a bolted cover at the rear of the intake manifold - I'm just not sure which side... My '97 is on the driver's side.

And as everyone on here will tell you, you'll need the Factory Service Manual (FSM) if you intend to keep this car and work on it yourself... eBay to the rescue!
Back to top Go down
black shadow
Enthusiast
black shadow

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Oh it isn't to bad I have already done all kinds of stuff with it and I did find the pcv if it would have been a snake I would be dead now, the cover for it is on top of the supercharger under a plate with a big spring on it, mine still had the factory one installed, most things you can carry over from the la Sabre or even the regal with the super 3.8, so it isn't to bad. I want to thank you for the come back I really appreciate it, The only thing that I have had trouble with is when I got done doing the timing chain and cover I had the devilish time trying to fig out the belt routine.
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi,Walter.Was your PCV valve stuck?When you took it out, shook it,did you hear a rattle?
Back to top Go down
black shadow
Enthusiast
black shadow

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 am

After I found it and I took it out it did rattle not as good as the new one though but I replaced it anyway, I had a very bad oil leak on the front timing chain cover and I wanted to make sure it wasn't because of to much pressure building up in the crank case but I guess it was because it sat for so long not getting run.
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Glad it worked out!!
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Check out the following video about a TSB for the 95 PCV .... any merit to what this fellow recommends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4eVUL3XcU
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 am

Why would you want to cap that? That would remove PCV operation. Where is the crank case pressure supposed to go?

Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am

Agreed, I have no idea. I was just Googling for the location of the 1995 Riviera PCV valve and.... quiet

BTW, do we maintain a thread here with all TSBs and recalls for each year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PCV Valve Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Valve Location   PCV Valve Location Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV Valve Location
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: