Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes

Go down 
+53
blk7gxn
Z-type
designer1962
Pipes
RidzRiv
gmann3001
c0reyl
bigdave
BigRay1125
Ship
Straighteight
LARRY70GS
billythekid7
BrianEsser
Rickw
VJD2
KillaKeninaRiv
NavyRivvy1989
sburch23
nothincame2mind
1995 Riv
rivboy
captshiner
98RIV7777
Snowdog
'96reese
ewolfe0050
Evil Intent
TType_Riviera
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Shintsu
IBx1
RhinoFLA
albertj
turtleman
jimmyriv
jax95riv
ibmoses
T Riley
deekster_caddy
texasfan010
Sag
palermocorey90
Jack the R
Andysdorm
1998 Riv
newcastlefatz
Rivgirl06
AA
99Rivman
SoCal Riv
Mr.Riviera
CeeKay
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I saw a video and it had a big fart can on the back.

It's an American car though, so it's not a fart can.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:29 pm

puke Chrysler! How could you like one of the cheapest and worst built cars they've made? I get the people who like the old muscle cars and the newer ones are at least fairly new but a Stratus?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:34 pm

IMHO if you are looking to be "different" have to get into thinking about what others overlook. Then you have to execute very very well - to the point of making the execution look pretty easy - at least, easy for you. Do it right and you become the leader - you can give them some cheese (a grin) to go with their whine... (sorry about the wine and cheese pun).

Albertj
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:39 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
palermocorey90 wrote:
i guess a dark black with green pearl would look nice, or i could do the same color as my stratus Ice Silver Pearl.

Yes my stratus is still my favorite car to the date

dang!!!!!!!!! was anything special done to the engine???

it was a stratus R/T with the 3.0 and the 5 speed, it just had AEM intake , RIPP headers, no cat, and custom magnaflow exhaust. eibach springs, Falken kobalenza wheels, falken tires, 5% tint, and 20% tint on the windshield. custom paint job done by ME. it was just plain fun to drive

you can call it a ricer if you want , i dont really care
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Shintsu wrote:
puke Chrysler! How could you like one of the cheapest and worst built cars they've made? I get the people who like the old muscle cars and the newer ones are at least fairly new but a Stratus?

how can you hate a riviera and talk crap about every other car on the market
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Obviously you never read any of my posts so don't talk like you have. Chrysler sucks. In my personal opinion the only good cars they made were the old ones. Anything 90's on up sucks from them. I don't see why you'd waste the time on a Stratus - it's like a Civic but without all the aftermarket or reliability.

I like plenty of cars, but most are imports. Sorry, I'll let those with low standards take the poor quality vehicles like Fords and whatnot. The only American brand I like is GM. Anything else is junk to me.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 5:45 pm

ok the stratus coupe is based off a Mitsubishi platform. sooo um yea. it based of the 3rd gen eclipse
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:37 pm

lol, much better that it's based off the worst selling Japanese car brand Mitsushiti. There are a lot of stupid kids with Eclipses at my school and half of them have their hood up when they're going to leave every day. I have no idea what's wrong but they're always fiddling with them. I also see lots of them on the side of the expressway along with older Chryslers (I've seen lots of people with problems at another forum I used to visit). Pretty much, I stay far far away from anything Mitsubishi or Chrysler from the 80's to the 90's.

Based on what you're saying though, Chrysler does suck. I've noticed a lot of people do this with cars they have when people say they're no good. A Taurus SHO (early 90's) for example has a Yamaha engine in it and when you tell someone that Tauruses suck they'll usually say "Well, it's got a Yamaha motor in it". Just like some people who say the Chevy Prizm (Maybe Metro, I forget) sucks like to say "Well, it's just a rebadged Toyota Corolla."
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Chrysler does suck im not disagreeing with you. but saying my car was crap because it was "Dodge". yea the car sucking in the snow and stuff. but it was a blast to drive in the summer

Can we back on topic ?
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 4:23 pm

how about Black with Blue pearl or green pearl
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Green Pearl ya! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Amateur
BuickRegalGSX'01'

Name : Mike
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:18 pm

texasfan010 wrote:
ok i need everyones help. for my birthday this year i was gunna get my 96 pearl white riv painted. i wanted to get it painted black, and my latest thought was to paint it a flat black and buy black rims with a chrome lip. its a long way from being done. i guess i just want to no what everyone thinks of my idea, and maybe what to do to get started, any help would be greatly appreciated.

that would look good just gloss black instead
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 pm

Does this mean I'd have to recolor your sig? It's alright, just let me know when you do. I have everything done through direct links so that if anything like this comes up I can update it without you doing anything.
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:52 pm

so your going to tear everything out of your engine bay..so it matches?? than the door jams... sounds like a lot of work..if ya want black go buy a black one..IMO
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:03 pm

TType_Riviera wrote:
so your going to tear everything out of your engine bay..so it matches?? than the door jams... sounds like a lot of work..if ya want black go buy a black one..IMO
agree
And don't forget about inside the hood and trunk. headbutt
A color change is a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Nothing looks worse than an incomplete paint job that involves a color change. I wonder if I could get away with a white repaint, instead of bright white diamond $$$.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:34 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
Nothing looks worse than an incomplete paint job that involves a color change. I wonder if I could get away with a white repaint, instead of bright white diamond $$$.
You might check and see if the paint used on the trunk, hood, and engine bay is the same for the diamond white and the reg. white. Most late model cars use a different paint in those areas, cost savings for the manufacturer. My Silver Arrows both have single stage gray enamel paint in the areas that don't show. Sterling Silver Metallic on the body and no metallic in the other areas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 pm

look at this an orange riv WHY

im glad im not going with the paint

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Buick-Riviera-22-not-caprice-cadillac-crown-vic_W0QQitemZ250225739547QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250225739547
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 pm

i still say the color of the new camaro in transformers rocks....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
Evil Intent
Rookie

PostSubject: thinking...   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 3:12 pm

i wanna paint my riv blood red with a sparkly gold marble(like a bowling ball), my friend has a red on dark red motorcycle and it looks nice, plus the car will look different. here is his bike.
FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 L_c75c93811cd1b997af3c846606b607d8
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 4:30 pm

nice GSX-R well ur friends, i would say do it buts it not going to be cheap at all
Back to top Go down
Evil Intent
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:18 pm

the guy that did his bike priced it at $1600 that includes body work and a spoiler
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:57 pm

thats not bad for a full color change to be honest for what u want
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Wow, just $1,600? I'd take it if I were you. If you're serious about the recolor, that's about as low as it goes. Make sure they mask off/take off the logos and chrome and check for any overspray.
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:58 pm

$1600 could be used up in material quickly...very quickly. I would be a little leary. Dosen't MACO charge about 1k for a scratch and paint with a solid color? They last about 6mo.

The guy who is helping with mine has a 4 bay booth and painting cars is his "hobby". We came up with $1500 in materials (paint 90%) and that was a straight black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next