Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie
Fanatic
jamie

Name : Jamie
Merit : 1

Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question Empty
PostSubject: Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question   Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Im still trying to get my riviera back on the road. lol. bonk

Do any of you know if i'd have a problem using a 94 park avenue ultra transmission and computer in my 95 riv s/c?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vancehanesautoparts.com
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question   Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm

The PCM is exactly the same between a '94 PA and a '95 Riv.
GM P/N 16183247
So, yes, a '94 PA PCM in your '95 Riv will work. This can come from a PA or PAU

The transmission will not work. They used different transmissions in '94. At least the P/N's are different.
'95 Riv Trans P/N 24246849
'94 PA Trans P/N....
code 4YCW P/N 19178458
code 4YMW P/N 19178441
code 4YZW P/N 19125053
Back to top Go down
jamie
Fanatic
jamie

PostSubject: Re: Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question   Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Hmm, Im told that the difference in transmission is the ratios, 2.83 / 2.97, and where the computers are the same, would it just drive/shift differently?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question   Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:11 pm

jamie wrote:
Hmm, Im told that the difference in transmission is the ratios, 2.83 / 2.97, and where the computers are the same, would it just drive/shift differently?

There were 3 optional gear ratios in a '94 PA. 2.84, 2.97, and 3.06. The Riviera had no option, it only came with 2.84 I believe. The transmission case P/N's are different which tells me (in theory) that the trans will not fit properly in a Riviera. Something about it is different. I did a shit-ton of research on '97-'99 Riviera trans swaps https://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/faq-what-transmissions-swap-into-our-rivieras-97-99-t2042-45.htm
I didn't get into '96-prior because all of the transmissions were different. You'll be the first to find out if it fits I spose.....
Back to top Go down
jamie
Fanatic
jamie

PostSubject: Re: Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question   Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am

I did some more research on the 94 park ave transmissions. The Supercharged transmission had to be 2.97, the non-sc transmissions could be either 2.84 or 3.06. I also found the Hollander notes for the sc tranny.

Hollander Interchange Notes:
GM Olds
GM Pont
4 spd. A.T., 4T60E, M13.
2.97 ratio F79.
31 tooth speedo wheel #8686075.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question   Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question Empty

Back to top Go down

Riviera/Park Avenue Ultra - Computer swap question
Page 1 of 1