Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SoCal Riv
Enthusiast
SoCal Riv

Merit : 0

Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away! Empty
PostSubject: Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away!   Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away! EmptySun Apr 22, 2007 10:55 pm

WARNING: Should you activate your moonroof to the full open position, and the sunshade does not follow your moonroof back just as it is it opening, you might lose your sunshade. My son called me from the highway to tell me that the sunshade had just ejected straight up into the air when he opened the moonroof and noticed the sunshade did not retract. Upon his reaching up, and attempting to manually open the sunshade, it ejected. There was no damage to the Riviera, but the sunshade eventually came down on the highway after helicopting up a bit, and plummeting to earth. He said that there were no previous symptoms that the sunshade was working incorrectly. He also said that was no physical way of grasping hold of the sunshade as it left the vehicle with such force. Since we no longer have the evidence, and who knows how damaged the sunshade became as it hit the road, there is no way to forensics on the sunshade. Speed of the Riviera was 65MPH.

This is a factory moonroof with the factory sunshade, not an aftermarket install.

He did tell me all this while laughing a bit at the very movie-like aspect of the event, but I wasn't laughing.
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away!   Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away! EmptySun Apr 22, 2007 11:00 pm

hmm, I forgot Riv's had moonroofs. I want one on the next Riv, whenever that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
steel2040

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away!   Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away! EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 3:50 pm

omg thats good to know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away!   Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away! Empty

Back to top Go down

Moonroof Sunshade—Up, Up, and Away!
Page 1 of 1