Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brian10962001

Name : Brian Tucker
Merit : 3

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:14 pm

I can't believe how well these things work. The car I purchased had a bit of cigarette tar no on the interior, and from working on it and getting in and out of it I had managed to get some black grease stains on the door handle and the center console. Last night I decided to give one of these magic erasers a try. I put some very lightly soaped water in a spray bottle and misted the dirty spots, the magic eraser literally works like magic! I remember scrubbing away at stains like this with mean green and it still didn't seem like it worked as well as these little white sponges. I'll be stocking up on these!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 pm

brian10962001 wrote:
I can't believe how well these things work. The car I purchased had a bit of cigarette tar no on the interior, and from working on it and getting in and out of it I had managed to get some black grease stains on the door handle and the center console. Last night I decided to give one of these magic erasers a try. I put some very lightly soaped water in a spray bottle and misted the dirty spots, the magic eraser literally works like magic! I remember scrubbing away at stains like this with mean green and it still didn't seem like it worked as well as these little white sponges. I'll be stocking up on these!

...while abarading away the factory coatings on the vinyl and leather.

no thanks

Albertj
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:29 pm

most door handles already have any coating from the factory worn off, so I wouldn't worry bout using them on very hard to remove dirt.

I actually use them on spots of the plastic bumper cover for those bits of crap that just won't clean off any other way. As long as you are careful what they are used on, I think they are a good cleaning tool.

Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 pm

yeah they work awsome. ive safely used them on delicate varnished and lacquered finished pieces and no removal of the original finish at all. i consider them very safe. they are a total loss product though,the dirt and grime that you remove comes away in little lines comprised of magic eraser.in that sense if you use them alot it can get expensive....
Back to top Go down
brian10962001

Name : Brian Tucker
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 pm

I don't see how these could abrade anything, they're literally a soft white sponge. I don't know how they work so well. These are nothing like a scotch brite or SOS pad. They do fall apart after you use them for a while, I kept any build up from happening by going back over where I cleaned with paper towels before it dried.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm

No, they are literally hard micro-strands of melamine foam that utilize abrasion, like "2000-grit Scotch Brite"...

http://home.howstuffworks.com/magic-eraser1.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EAT grease and grime on interior
Page 1 of 1