Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

DHP Tuning Software

Go down 
+9
98riv
97 park ave
Abaddon
norsky86
sdconcepts
Rickw
deekster_caddy
L67
dreww
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

norsky86 wrote:
gotcha im selling my system and trying to pick up sum rims so im waiting on that i have a few people in tc looking at trading me.. ive been working on making my old cold air intake qnd should be finished by monday
if you need any tips or help let me know thumbsup
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:23 pm

97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.
why do i remember someone on this site using a regal/gtp pcm then?

Do you remember who it was? I asked DHP back when they were in business and they said it wouldn't work. Maybe they were being cautious and said no to prevent any issues.

Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.

Do you remember who it was? I asked DHP back when they were in business and they said it wouldn't work. Maybe they were being cautious and said no to prevent any issues.

found it, "rivmans" old car which now belongs to "fastbuick95".
Fastbuick95 wrote:
Yes it is rivmans old car. I got it from him about 3-4 months ago. And the computer is actually out of a 98 GTP...

and heres the thread:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/transmission-problem-t7451.htm
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 pm

97 park ave wrote:
98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:

Fastbuick95 wrote:
Yes it is rivmans old car. I got it from him about 3-4 months ago. And the computer is actually out of a 98 GTP...

and heres the thread:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/transmission-problem-t7451.htm

I remember Rivman's car and when he was doing his engine swap. His car is a different though. It was a 95 Riviera with a series II engine and transmission swapped over. The old thread is long gone (deleted at regalgs), but I think he ended up having to rewire most of the engine and computer wiring. He was pretty knowledgeable with our cars. The computer might work, but I still wouldn't risk it. It would be better to have a pcm programmed for a Riviera or buy a programmer and learn to do it.

Edit: Just found the information and pictures on his cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/225449/5.

Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:50 pm

98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:
98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:

Fastbuick95 wrote:

and heres the thread:

I remember Rivman's car and when he was doing his engine swap. His car is a different though. It was a 95 Riviera with a series II engine and transmission swapped over. The old thread is long gone (deleted at regalgs), but I think he ended up having to rewire most of the engine and computer wiring. He was pretty knowledgeable with our cars. The computer might work, but I still wouldn't risk it. It would be better to have a pcm programmed for a Riviera or buy a programmer and learn to do it.

Edit: Just found the information and pictures on his cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/225449/5.

i wasnt trying to prove that it would work i was just saying i thought i remembered a riv running on a gtp/regal pcm, never said it was easy to do i just brought it up hoping someone on here would know what i was talking about and possibly help him so he could use the $50 pcm instead of having to buy a tuner now. now that he knows its a lot of work its up to him to decide how bad he wants to do it, that was the point of bringing it up not trying to prove anyone wrong here...
Back to top Go down
whit2285
Enthusiast
whit2285

Name : Mike
Merit : 3

PostSubject: DHP Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey All, I finally got a dhp tuner from a guy on another forum, he sent me everything, and a burnt cd labeled dhp software and other software. upon entering the cd to my computer it was blank , nothing on it..soooo

1. i was wondering if any ones software would work ? if so could some one email it to me in a zip file ?

2. I need a 96 bin file also..

And of course any other hints or sites i can go to for tuning purposes, Oh one other thing I've been reading and i actually saw it once, that there is a dhp forum . any one know the web address, i cant find it..

thanks in advance ....Email.... rivi2285@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Try www.digitalhorsepower.com

i.e. DHP or Dipshit.com, I can't remember now, it's been so long. I don't own the software so I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am

DHP never sent out software on disc,that I'm aware of, it was only available as a download on their forums. That's how I got it back when I was going to use it. It's not digitalhorsepower.com anymore, they were going under gm......dot come, but I forget what came after the GM.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:28 am

Here ya go:

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 am

Click on Downloads in the upper right corner, then go to the DHP General forum, lots of DL files there.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 am

The site is actually powrtuner.com but gmv6pcm.com takes you there.
Back to top Go down
whit2285
Enthusiast
whit2285

Name : Mike
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm

thanks for the info Dave , i think i have everything i need now .... yay
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Sweet, good luck with this. I gave mine up before I got into using it at all.
Back to top Go down
epic612
Amateur

Name : Collin "C Note" Abram
Merit : 0

PostSubject: DHP stuff   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:30 pm

So I'm fairly new to the Riviera scene, kinda learning as I go.

And now I've figured out (for the most part) what I need to do to at least get a start on making my 96 a little more fun to drive. I've seen "1.5 bin" flying around a lot, so where should I look for one of these? Scanning the forum it looks like DHP is no longer in business? At least all my google searches turn me back here, or to other 3800/bonneville/gp forums.

Also looking to get the DHP powrtuner. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/7point62mm
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:25 pm

You'll have to find a used DHP somewhere. Keep checking the GP forums and what-not. Every now and again one will turn up on here, or another member will find one and list it for us. They are pretty far and few between.
Back to top Go down
epic612
Amateur

Name : Collin "C Note" Abram
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Okay. And didn't DHP offer PCMs as well?

If anyone sees or hears anything about stuff for a 96, please PM or email me at dcabram@gmail.com

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/7point62mm
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Here is some info on the '96 year, which is different than other years:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t1573-faq-tuning-a-1996-riv-sc

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DHP Tuning Software
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2