HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 
 

 DHP Tuning Software

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
97 park ave
Addict
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

norsky86 wrote:
gotcha im selling my system and trying to pick up sum rims so im waiting on that i have a few people in tc looking at trading me.. ive been working on making my old cold air intake qnd should be finished by monday
if you need any tips or help let me know thumbsup
Back to top Go down
98riv
Moderator


Location : USA
Joined : 2007-01-14
Post Count : 946
Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:23 pm

97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.
why do i remember someone on this site using a regal/gtp pcm then?

Do you remember who it was? I asked DHP back when they were in business and they said it wouldn't work. Maybe they were being cautious and said no to prevent any issues.

_________________
1998 Supercharged Riviera - Custom CAI, Alpine spx-13ref, Infinity 6x9's, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, Kicker KX3, Silverstars, STB, Hawk Brake Pads, Monroe Air Shocks, KYB GR2
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.
why do i remember someone on this site using a regal/gtp pcm then?

Do you remember who it was? I asked DHP back when they were in business and they said it wouldn't work. Maybe they were being cautious and said no to prevent any issues.

found it, "rivmans" old car which now belongs to "fastbuick95".
Fastbuick95 wrote:
Yes it is rivmans old car. I got it from him about 3-4 months ago. And the computer is actually out of a 98 GTP...

and heres the thread:
http://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/transmission-problem-t7451.htm
Back to top Go down
98riv
Moderator


Location : USA
Joined : 2007-01-14
Post Count : 946
Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 pm

97 park ave wrote:
98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.
why do i remember someone on this site using a regal/gtp pcm then?

Do you remember who it was? I asked DHP back when they were in business and they said it wouldn't work. Maybe they were being cautious and said no to prevent any issues.

found it, "rivmans" old car which now belongs to "fastbuick95".
Fastbuick95 wrote:
Yes it is rivmans old car. I got it from him about 3-4 months ago. And the computer is actually out of a 98 GTP...

and heres the thread:
http://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/transmission-problem-t7451.htm

I remember Rivman's car and when he was doing his engine swap. His car is a different though. It was a 95 Riviera with a series II engine and transmission swapped over. The old thread is long gone (deleted at regalgs), but I think he ended up having to rewire most of the engine and computer wiring. He was pretty knowledgeable with our cars. The computer might work, but I still wouldn't risk it. It would be better to have a pcm programmed for a Riviera or buy a programmer and learn to do it.

Edit: Just found the information and pictures on his cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/225449/5.

_________________
1998 Supercharged Riviera - Custom CAI, Alpine spx-13ref, Infinity 6x9's, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, Kicker KX3, Silverstars, STB, Hawk Brake Pads, Monroe Air Shocks, KYB GR2
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
avatar

Name : Tyler
Age : 26
Location : MN
Joined : 2009-03-06
Post Count : 669
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:50 pm

98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:
98riv wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.
why do i remember someone on this site using a regal/gtp pcm then?

Do you remember who it was? I asked DHP back when they were in business and they said it wouldn't work. Maybe they were being cautious and said no to prevent any issues.

found it, "rivmans" old car which now belongs to "fastbuick95".
Fastbuick95 wrote:
Yes it is rivmans old car. I got it from him about 3-4 months ago. And the computer is actually out of a 98 GTP...

and heres the thread:
http://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/transmission-problem-t7451.htm

I remember Rivman's car and when he was doing his engine swap. His car is a different though. It was a 95 Riviera with a series II engine and transmission swapped over. The old thread is long gone (deleted at regalgs), but I think he ended up having to rewire most of the engine and computer wiring. He was pretty knowledgeable with our cars. The computer might work, but I still wouldn't risk it. It would be better to have a pcm programmed for a Riviera or buy a programmer and learn to do it.

Edit: Just found the information and pictures on his cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/225449/5.

i wasnt trying to prove that it would work i was just saying i thought i remembered a riv running on a gtp/regal pcm, never said it was easy to do i just brought it up hoping someone on here would know what i was talking about and possibly help him so he could use the $50 pcm instead of having to buy a tuner now. now that he knows its a lot of work its up to him to decide how bad he wants to do it, that was the point of bringing it up not trying to prove anyone wrong here...
Back to top Go down
whit2285
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Mike
Age : 42
Location : Illinois
Joined : 2007-12-20
Post Count : 127
Merit : 3

PostSubject: DHP Software   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey All, I finally got a dhp tuner from a guy on another forum, he sent me everything, and a burnt cd labeled dhp software and other software. upon entering the cd to my computer it was blank , nothing on it..soooo

1. i was wondering if any ones software would work ? if so could some one email it to me in a zip file ?

2. I need a 96 bin file also..

And of course any other hints or sites i can go to for tuning purposes, Oh one other thing I've been reading and i actually saw it once, that there is a dhp forum . any one know the web address, i cant find it..

thanks in advance ....Email.... rivi2285@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Age : 58
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6074
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Try www.digitalhorsepower.com

i.e. DHP or Dipshit.com, I can't remember now, it's been so long. I don't own the software so I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
avatar

Name : Dave
Age : 56
Location : In The AZ Oven
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4500
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am

DHP never sent out software on disc,that I'm aware of, it was only available as a download on their forums. That's how I got it back when I was going to use it. It's not digitalhorsepower.com anymore, they were going under gm......dot come, but I forget what came after the GM.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
avatar

Name : Dave
Age : 56
Location : In The AZ Oven
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4500
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:28 am

Here ya go:

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
avatar

Name : Dave
Age : 56
Location : In The AZ Oven
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4500
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 am

Click on Downloads in the upper right corner, then go to the DHP General forum, lots of DL files there.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
avatar

Name : Dave
Age : 56
Location : In The AZ Oven
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4500
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 am

The site is actually powrtuner.com but gmv6pcm.com takes you there.
Back to top Go down
whit2285
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Mike
Age : 42
Location : Illinois
Joined : 2007-12-20
Post Count : 127
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm

thanks for the info Dave , i think i have everything i need now .... yay
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
avatar

Name : Dave
Age : 56
Location : In The AZ Oven
Joined : 2007-01-17
Post Count : 4500
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Sweet, good luck with this. I gave mine up before I got into using it at all.
Back to top Go down
epic612
Amateur


Name : Collin "C Note" Abram
Age : 29
Location : Minneapolis, MN
Joined : 2010-10-08
Post Count : 20
Merit : 0

PostSubject: DHP stuff   Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 pm

So I'm fairly new to the Riviera scene, kinda learning as I go.

And now I've figured out (for the most part) what I need to do to at least get a start on making my 96 a little more fun to drive. I've seen "1.5 bin" flying around a lot, so where should I look for one of these? Scanning the forum it looks like DHP is no longer in business? At least all my google searches turn me back here, or to other 3800/bonneville/gp forums.

Also looking to get the DHP powrtuner. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/7point62mm
Abaddon
Expert
avatar

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4153
Merit : 169

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Fri May 27, 2011 4:25 pm

You'll have to find a used DHP somewhere. Keep checking the GP forums and what-not. Every now and again one will turn up on here, or another member will find one and list it for us. They are pretty far and few between.
Back to top Go down
epic612
Amateur


Name : Collin "C Note" Abram
Age : 29
Location : Minneapolis, MN
Joined : 2010-10-08
Post Count : 20
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Sat May 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Okay. And didn't DHP offer PCMs as well?

If anyone sees or hears anything about stuff for a 96, please PM or email me at dcabram@gmail.com

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/7point62mm
AA
Administrator
avatar

Name : Aaron
Age : 40
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18306
Merit : 239

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   Sat May 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Here is some info on the '96 year, which is different than other years:

http://rivperformance.editboard.com/t1573-faq-tuning-a-1996-riv-sc

_________________
'98 SC Riviera 268k miles 298 HP/370 TQ 0-60: 5.79s ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 4087 lb 20.1 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley AL104 plugs 180 t-stat FWI w/K&N 1.9:1 rockers OR pushrods LS6 valve springs SLP headers ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts MaxAir shocks Addco sway bars UMI bushings GM STB Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus SS lines Brembo slotted discs DHP tuned Aeroforce Hidden Hitch


'05 GTO 49k miles 0-60: 4.8s 16.9 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
 
DHP Tuning Software
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» intro
» Linux and car tuning
» FAQ: Tuning a 1996 Riv SC?
» rear shock tuning 101
» Air intake tuning

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Scans, Tuning, PCM-
Jump to: