Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet Empty
PostSubject: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Just thought I would get this out for those interested!

We, the ROA Southeastern Regional Coordinators, are once again putting on a Regional Meet! What we are trying/planning to do is have a get together annually in the fall, wherever the International Meet might be, and move it around the southeastern states so more members have an opportunity to attend. This year as you can tell from the picture we are having it in Knoxville, TN. After last year’s great turn out we decided to try it annually!

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet T-shir10

Registration forms can be downloaded from the ROA website www.rivowners.org under the Southeastern Regional link, or contact me and I’ll get one to you.

ROA membership is required to participate.

Hope some of you southeastern RivPerformance members can make it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
rivman96
Enthusiast
rivman96

Name : Cameron
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 pm

That's not far from me at all! I will see you there Randall.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Glad you will be able to make it! yay
So far the registrations haven't been near as good as last year, so get it in ASAP so we can get a better idea of who and what year Rivs might be attending read
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 pm

The picture above is the logo I put together for the back of the T-shirt this year. The dash plaques are a little bit different but pretty close.
Hope we get a good turn out!
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:08 pm

99Rivman wrote:
The picture above is the logo I put together for the back of the T-shirt this year. The dash plaques are a little bit different but pretty close.
Hope we get a good turn out!

You know I'm sure liking it. Wouldn't mind buying a tee shirt if it's possible? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Jimmy,
Last year we had a couple people just order T-shirts, I think Keith charged them around $4 or $5 to ship it to them. If you want to check with him his contact info is on the Regional Coordinator page of the Riview.
Hopefully we will have enough interest to have the meet, like I said before; registrations aren't doing too well so far.

Here is a link to the registration form that is on the ROA site:
Registration Form
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

If anyone is thinking about going to Knoxville you might want to get those registrations in SOON! If we don't get a good bit more interest we might just have to cancel!?!
Not something we want to do but the interest just doesn't seem to be there this year. puzzled

If you are thinking of going, even just for Saturday, get those registrations in thumbsup
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Thought I would pass the word, registrations improved in the last week so our meet in Knoxville is a GO! yay

We have until September 8th to get the T-shirts ordered and the meals planned so once again if you are thinking about attending let us know by then.thumbsup
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:22 pm

jimmyriv wrote:
You know I'm sure liking it. Wouldn't mind buying a tee shirt if it's possible? scratch
Jimmy, if you want a T-shirt just fill out the registration form and send it to Keith. The charge including shipping is $20.
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Name : Dave
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

How did the 2nd annual ROA Southeastern Regional meet go? Any pictures? Wish I could have attended but my 92 Riv underwent some extensive surgery that prevented me from traveling....lost the gas tank and rear brake lines (rust/rot) in my driveway (thank God it wasn't somewhere else!) and replaced the cam sensor, water pump, and timing chain.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks for asking Dave, I have been meaning to get some info and pics posted just hadn’t found the time.

Sorry to hear about your rot issues, I hope everything works out OK!

Not as big a crowd as last year, maybe because the ROA International was so close? We had around 25 registered, several of them canceled in the last couple of days before the meet. There were 18 registered Rivs show up and a couple of members from TN came out for a little while to look and show off their Rivs, with right at 30 members joining us for the banquet Saturday night.

There was a good showing of the ’63-‘65s, not too much from ’66 to ’93, and three ’95-‘99s. There were a couple sharp modified, a ’64 and a ’67. We did something a little like the ROA and separated last year’s winners, kind of a winner’s circle, there were three of the winners from last year that came again this year. Overall a pretty good get together just not as big as we would have liked.

A few group pictures showing the overall layout of the meet.

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet 06210

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet 06410

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet 06310

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet Knoxvi10

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet Knoxvi11

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet 07010
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 pm

SWEET VERY SWEET!!! rock
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Name : Dave
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Randall,
From the pic's it still looks like a pretty good turnout and weather looked good. I suspect you definitely had something to do with the parking lineups...wicked straight line!! Let us all know when/where your 2011 meet will be as soon as it becomes available.

Also, I'll make a deal with you...come to the 2011 BCA National in Danvers, MA and inturn I'll attend the 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Dave,
You’re correct, a pretty good turn out just not exactly what we were looking for, Friday and Saturday turned out GREAT weather wise.
Yes, I might have parked them; mostly everyone was cooperative so it went pretty well. I know you know how that goes! wink
As of right now we are kind of looking at moving the next one to FL, not exactly sure where yet but that is where we are thinking of going. cool

I’m not too sure about the MA BCA National, keep in mind that I am still a poor old working slob, not retired like some I know, so it isn’t as easy for me to get away. And … next year I’ll be going to the ROA Meet in MO so that will be one of my scheduled vacations, I’ve already made my hotel reservations. I’m pretty sure I’ll be at the 2012 National in Charlotte though! I’ll have to see what they are like at least once, I know I enjoy the ROA Meets so we’ll see what happens.

Not exactly a great deal you are proposing since you go to most of the BCA Nationals and I’ve never been to one, but I should see you in Charlotte.

PS: I did get an e-mail from Brain D. about your message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet   Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Annual ROA Southeastern Regional Meet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Clubs & Group Meets-
Jump to: