The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Write-Up: Replacing Accessory Belt Tensioner

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert

Name : Charlie
Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Replacing Accessory Belt Tensioner   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Anyone happen to know the 2 sizes of O rings on these elbows? The 3 reds and single black.

I will be taking mine out soon and I want to have O rings on hand just in case.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster
Enthusiast

Name : Carl Alexander
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Replacing Accessory Belt Tensioner   Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
Anyone happen to know the 2 sizes of O rings on these elbows? The 3 reds and single black.

I will be taking mine out soon and I want to have O rings on hand just in case.

Thank you!

I can give you the AC Delco part number for the O rings that fit onto the quick connect fittings for the heater hoses, ACD 24502375. I used the metal HELP elbow and it came with a silicone O ring that I slipped into the LIM.

My alternator was squeaking too so I replaced that at the same time as the tensioner. Silence!

Old thread, I know, but others may benefit. Total time spent on the project 2 1/2 hours from seat out to back seat replaced.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru

Merit : 87

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Replacing Accessory Belt Tensioner   Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Did we ever find out what this gauge means?  I couldn't find anything about it in the FSM.  The FSM does have instructions for testing belt tension, which requires a special tool, so I'm thinking this gauge does NOT indicate whether the tensioner is holding the correct tension or not.  The FSM says something about it indicating whether the length of the belt is within a usable range. Maybe that's the answer but it'd be nice to now what the notches are meant to indicate. It would seem like you'd only need two to define the range of acceptable sizes.
Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Replacing Accessory Belt Tensioner
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3