Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?

Go down 
+5
Ash
Rickw
97 park ave
Abaddon
DEMonte1997
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:08 am

I'm guessing it's not. Just noticed that the PS part of it is bashed in pretty good. Not sure why I didn't notice this sooner.... Oh well. In any case, it needs to be replaced. Do I need a Riv one or can I just go with one from a w-body?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 am

I don't think they're the same. I seem to remember a GP cradle only having 4 cradle bolts instead of 6. Don't you have that Regal still? Get under it and have a look!
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Duh... I'm an idiot. lol Scott oops
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 pm

DOH! bonk laughat
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 pm

I should have just said that the Regal was gone or something... lol razz
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 pm

i would imagine that they would be mostly similar, especially on the inside because they all hold the same engine. the places youre going to want to look/measure is where it bolts to the rest of the frame.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:05 pm

97 park ave wrote:
the places youre going to want to look/measure is where it bolts to the rest of the frame.

No Shit Sherlock.

Do you realize that you just posted for the sake of posting, or do you honestly think that Rick is so stupid about what to look for on the undercarriage.?

Jeeeesh
Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
Ash

Name : Marty
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Rickw wrote:
97 park ave wrote:
the places youre going to want to look/measure is where it bolts to the rest of the frame.

No Shit Sherlock.

Do you realize that you just posted for the sake of posting, or do you honestly think that Rick is so stupid about what to look for on the undercarriage.?

Jeeeesh

Cut him some slack. He did forget that had a Regal sitting in his driveway. lol yay

bonk

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Ash wrote:
Jeeeesh

Cut him some slack. He did forget that had a Regal sitting in his driveway. lol yay

bonk

Cheers

No. He's talking about Tyler, not Rick with the Regal. no
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Rickw wrote:
97 park ave wrote:

No Shit Sherlock.

Jeeeesh

havin one of those days rick? finger
and by the way, it seems to me that YOU just posted for the sake of posting, at least my post was thread related and i wasnt being an asshole.
Back to top Go down
Jamax
Enthusiast

Name : Jim Fleck
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Here we go again. Sigh... Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Well, to be fair, what are the odds that the G-body subframe is going to fit another body?
We can't even count on the door-handles or control-arms to interchange among 4 years of Rivi's that look identical...
Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
Ash

Name : Marty
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 am

Abaddon wrote:
Ash wrote:
Jeeeesh

Cut him some slack. He did forget that he had a Regal sitting in his driveway. lol yay

bonk

Cheers

No. He's talking about Tyler, not Rick with the Regal. no

wink Yes, I realize this. I can see Rick's Regal in his signature line. ('him' = Tyler, and 'he' = Rick)

I would have to agree with Eldo. Just check out the transmission interchange thread for example. Not much from other cars/platforms fits ours.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:05 am

A 19 year old Prodigy, That just knows everything. No Matter What The Topic or Subject.
Absolutely amazing. How many people ask for your autograph on a daily basis. Must be overwhelming, Oh not for you, your ego demands that kind of attention.
Good By. Won't be seeing you any more. FAIL.
Congrat's only you and Shintzu have made it to this level.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:43 am

Ash wrote:

I would have to agree with Eldo. Just check out the transmission interchange thread for example. Not much from other cars/platforms fits ours.

To quote from Blazing Saddles, "Thank you, Van..."

wink
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Rickw wrote:
A 19 year old Prodigy, That just knows everything. No Matter What The Topic or Subject.
Absolutely amazing. How many people ask for your autograph on a daily basis. Must be overwhelming, Oh not for you, your ego demands that kind of attention.
Good By. Won't be seeing you any more. FAIL.
Congrat's only you and Shintzu have made it to this level.
^gripe
wtf did i ever do or say to make anyone think i know everything? if i have input that i think may help i post it, if the OP has a problem with what i say i think theyre old enough to tell me im a dumbass. but it seems to be you that is always starting shit with me trying to defend the OP that doesnt even have a problem with what i said themselves.
what kind of drugs do you take?

and to rick (OP), not rDickw, i apologize if my post was "pointless" and i also apologize for rick PMSing all over your thread.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Well Tyler, you have to remember: you have original sin... You're not driving a Riviera. wink

Just look at the poop that Ilan has gotten by defecting (defecating?) from his Rivi to a Honda... lmao
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm

^ yah,dats true! whenever i mention my old Acura Legend my computer screen drops several degrees
but she had a brave heart ,my old Ak
Back to top Go down
Jamax
Enthusiast

Name : Jim Fleck
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 pm

97 Park Ave is Tyler's car?
I thought it was his address!

Figured some guys were giving him a rough time because he was rich.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Jamax wrote:

laughat jump
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Eldo wrote:
Well Tyler, you have to remember: you have original sin... You're not driving a Riviera. wink

Just look at the poop that Ilan has gotten by defecting (defecating?) from his Rivi to a Honda... lmao

lol, but at least its still a buick, and im NOT selling it. if i were selling it, it wouldnt be for a honda or anything like that. it would most likely be a buick and if not a regal it would be a riv, so im not sure what ricks deal is with the park ave.

Jamax wrote:

Figured some guys were giving him a rough time because he was rich.

rotf i wish... im sure rick would still find something to whine about even if that were my address and i owned a riv
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Riviera's FTW! Now that's a post just for the sake of posting. wink To much coffee today guys? Twist 1 up and smoke it. scat
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Hometown Hero wrote:
Riviera's FTW! Now that's a post just for the sake of posting. wink To much coffee today guys? Twist 1 up and smoke it. scat

i dont drink coffee, just mountain dew. im way ahead of you on that last part though pimp cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?   Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Riv subframe the same as one from a GP or Regal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Brakes & Suspension-
Jump to: