Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Lucas Oil Speed Wax

Go down 
+3
Eldo
Abaddon
flyineagle96
7 posters
AuthorMessage
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

Lucas Oil Speed Wax Empty
PostSubject: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:41 am

Lucas slick mist,"speed wax".I use this product, dam what a shine, she leaves.Quick,fast,easy,try some today!!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 am

I love Lucas everything love
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:37 pm

I, too, love Lucas... I checked a few online reviews and this Speed Wax seems to enjoy great praise.

The only thing I haven't found is how long it lasts.... ?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:58 am

What is it made of.???

Anyone look up the MSDS sheet on it to find the magic ingredient.

I'd think it would be safe to say that it doesn't include anything new, just a different mixture of things we are already familiar with. But As Usual, I could be wrong again.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:12 am

Rickw wrote:
What is it made of.???

Anyone look up the MSDS sheet on it to find the magic ingredient.

I'd think it would be safe to say that it doesn't include anything new, just a different mixture of things we are already familiar with. But As Usual, I could be wrong again.

Reading the MSDS, best I can guess and deduce it's some kind of organic polymerizing compound with formaldehyde to preserve it. There's any number of resins (even just a clear rosin) that would work, thinking about it. They probably did not consider acrylate copolymers (ingredient in for instance mop 'n glo) - they flash cure in the UV of daylight, don't even really need direct sun.

For some reason it's got me thinking about confectioner's glaze, but maybe the bubblegum smell of it has me off the trail so to speak. It could be that without the bubble-gum aroma it'd be easy to figure out what's really in it. (minor snark follows) And the bubblegum smell might be why some of the Riv drivers are hooked on it, reminds them of when riding in a car was all thrills and no bills. (end snark)

Albertj
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:50 pm

I chew only "BLACKJACK". No bubblegum!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Eldo,i don't think it lasts, as long, as a good old hand wax.I spray this speed wax,"slick mist", on my car, at least 3 times a week!!! So i think, it will last for years?It's that easy.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm

damn! s..ts not cheap. its as much as Meguirs carnauba wax which lasts..forever!
But that it "flashes over" is interesting. i never delved deep enough into waxes to catch that one.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:07 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
damn! s..ts not cheap. its as much as Meguirs carnauba wax which lasts..forever!
But that it "flashes over" is interesting. i never delved deep enough into waxes to catch that one.

Lemme try to clarify what I wrote.

I am not claiming that the Lucas glaze is an acrylate copolymer. Best I can guess and deduce it's some kind of organic polymerizing compound with formaldehyde to preserve it. There's any number of resins (even just a clear rosin) that would work, thinking about it. They probably did not consider acrylate copolymers (ingredient in for instance mop 'n glo) because they would flash cure in the UV of daylight and don't even really need direct sun to do so. That attribute, however, makes them the "stuff" for polishes for no-wax floors, and an idea that as far as I know really did not take off, a water-borne nail polish (us patent 5681550).

Thinking about it, based on the later comment ("I spray it on 3 times a week") I bet the polish resin is castor oil, made to do the job in a light vehicle of some sort to make it sprayable. Kind of a light version of 3M Imperial Hand Glaze but without the rouge-like polish abrasive maybe.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Well then, I guess I don't really need to abandon my RejeX aircraft sealer... For a garaged car, it lasts a year, and makes it harder for dirt to stick in the first place, and then easier to wash off in the second place.

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:43 am

Eldo wrote:
Well then, I guess I don't really need to abandon my RejeX aircraft sealer... For a garaged car, it lasts a year, and makes it harder for dirt to stick in the first place, and then easier to wash off in the second place.

I agree. RejeX, NuFinish, and other polishes are great. Only issue I can see is if you have to repair a body panel, those finishes make it really tough to get the repair materials (eg paint) to stick. And a body shop that knows such materials were used can do it, just means they can't use the cheapo cleaner & might have to strip to metal.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:20 pm

This speed wax, is more of a quick detailer. I wax, my car's with Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid wax, every two months.I use the speed wax, instead of water.For things like, dust,bird shit,water spots after rain. e.c.t.Not mud!!!or after washing,i'll mist some on, and wipe her down...In my opion this is the bomb....
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Ironically, I just got my car back from the body shop after they replaced the dented LF fender, and they didn't just wash the Bondo dust off the car, they detailed the whole thing inside & out... Thus, that Rejex I applied a few months ago was a waste of time. confused

(and I hate the smell of their interior product...)
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Has anyone tried it,if so let me know, what do you think?Does your paint, look deeper?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Eldo wrote:
Ironically, I just got my car back from the body shop after they replaced the dented LF fender, and they didn't just wash the Bondo dust off the car, they detailed the whole thing inside & out... Thus, that Rejex I applied a few months ago was a waste of time. Lucas Oil Speed Wax Icon_con

My shop does that too. Entire car gets cleaned, vacuumed, waxed, etc

Eldo wrote:

Ours ain't so bad. It's kinda fruity. Better then the usual odor eliminator sh*t most places use that smells like a retirement home....
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:00 am

Abaddon wrote:

Eldo wrote:

Ours ain't so bad. It's kinda fruity. Better then the usual odor eliminator sh*t most places use that smells like a retirement home....

I agree about the retirement home smell, but you have to remember that i live 10 miles from San Francisco - I get enough 'fruity'... freak
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 am

eeaaaassssy Eldo, eeaaaasssssy suspect Lucas Oil Speed Wax Icon_lau
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Anybody ever try www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucas Oil Speed Wax   Lucas Oil Speed Wax Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucas Oil Speed Wax
Page 1 of 1