The 8th Gen Riviera Resource
 
HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

 

 Pics of Lowered Riv

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Location : Connecticut
Joined : 2010-02-21
Post Count : 310
Merit : 5

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Before & After   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:02 am

Well the car has come a long way since I picked it up about a month ago. Its coming a long quite well despite a few set backs. This is just the cosmetic work, the mechanical work is a whole other story! I got around to buffing the car the other day I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Oh and I'm ordering the replacement clips for the front trim this week.

BEFORE (day I brought it home):

Pics of Lowered Riv Recovered_Mar_14_2010_057

Pics of Lowered Riv Recovered_Mar_14_2010_059

Pics of Lowered Riv Riv1

AFTER(lots of work!):

Pics of Lowered Riv P1010008

Pics of Lowered Riv P1010014

Pics of Lowered Riv P1010011
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Age : 37
Location : Roseville, MI
Joined : 2008-05-17
Post Count : 709
Merit : 6

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am

Nice ride! It cleaned up really nice! Almost like a totally different car
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4309
Merit : 185

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:44 am

I can't believe ppl let their cars get that nasty (not you)! Nice job on the buff man thumbsup . Get yourself some Back to Black (nice cleaner for black trim and the lower gray molding) and it'll look even better!
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Age : 34
Location : Finland
Joined : 2008-10-04
Post Count : 732
Merit : 24

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:00 am

nice work. when i look back now, mine actualy was a disaster tho..
driver seats lether riped, dashboard cracked..some plastic peaces broken, climate controll broke, from exterjor, lots of scratches and paint was off from some places, antenna did not work, on engine..omg..all bulleys bad, belts bad, sparkplugs bad, wires bad, on steering inner and outer tierods where bad, 3 disk brakes rusten and rear bads where allmost weared out....well if i tell everythign haha guess it will take a whoel A4 paper. but anyways good luck on making it beautyful again:D
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Age : 58
Location : Minneapolis, MN
Joined : 2008-11-04
Post Count : 386
Merit : 11

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am

Looks great!
My God, what was that film that was on it? Years and years of tree sap along with oxidization?
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Age : 41
Location : CT
Joined : 2009-03-03
Post Count : 1429
Merit : 37

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Looks great!!!!
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Age : 28
Location : College Station, TX
Joined : 2007-12-30
Post Count : 4304
Merit : 69

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Looks brand new, 13 years later.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Location : Canada
Joined : 2009-04-28
Post Count : 1161
Merit : 36

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Great job Vinny, this Riv has finally found its rightful ownwr! happy
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Quote :
My God, what was that film that was on it? Years and years of tree sap along with oxidization?
Apparently a protective film - the hood paint doesn't look to be peeling!

Car looks great! Congrats!

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Age : 76
Location : Muskegon, Michigan
Joined : 2007-03-16
Post Count : 781
Merit : 8

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:58 am

Boy, your Riv cleaned up really great.
A little TLC really keeps a car looking good.
Thanks for rescuing her....... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Location : Connecticut
Joined : 2010-02-21
Post Count : 310
Merit : 5

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks for the positive comments guys! It was a royal mess when I got it. It had been sitting under a tree in a yard for six plus months. Luckily I came to the rescue and saved her. The owner was selling it for parts but the car was in great shape, I had to save it! You can see before and after pics of the interior mess I had to deal with in another post. I'm amazed how the paint came out, no too much damage but not perfect. I can't be happier though. This car will never be neglected like that again!

Lots of hard work so far and its not done. Today I order new struts, shocks and springs to bring the ride back. Next pay check new brakes all around hopefully with some SS braid lines!!

Also installing new stereo with components up front and XM radio. Just have to pick up the antenna adapter. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Location : Connecticut
Joined : 2010-02-21
Post Count : 310
Merit : 5

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am

Abaddon wrote:
I can't believe ppl let their cars get that nasty (not you)! Nice job on the buff man thumbsup . Get yourself some Back to Black (nice cleaner for black trim and the lower gray molding) and it'll look even better!

Sweet, thanks for the suggestion. I was wondering how to attack those parts. I'll go pick some up.
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Age : 58
Location : Minneapolis, MN
Joined : 2008-11-04
Post Count : 386
Merit : 11

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

VJD2 wrote:
Thanks for the positive comments guys! It was a royal mess when I got it. It had been sitting under a tree in a yard for six plus months. Luckily I came to the rescue and saved her. The owner was selling it for parts but the car was in great shape, I had to save it! You can see before and after pics of the interior mess I had to deal with in another post. I'm amazed how the paint came out, no too much damage but not perfect. I can't be happier though. This car will never be neglected like that again!

Lots of hard work so far and its not done. Today I order new struts, shocks and springs to bring the ride back. Next pay check new brakes all around hopefully with some SS braid lines!!

Also installing new stereo with components up front and XM radio. Just have to pick up the antenna adapter. Stay tuned!

Kudos to you for saving a perfectly good car that otherwise would have needlessly been parted out and crushed!
cheers

It's really amazing how filthy some people let their cars get.
I think mine was used for a day care center judging by all the candy and small plastic bits of toys I found when I cleaned it up. The kids must have loved skittles.
The prismatic unicorn sticker on the dashboard was also a nice touch. suspect
Then there was the paint. While not as bad as yours, it had been neglected for many years.


Last edited by Sweepspear on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Age : 58
Location : las vegas
Joined : 2007-12-17
Post Count : 5561
Merit : 142

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 pm

super job buddy! super job!!
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

Name : Florence
Age : 33
Location : New York City
Joined : 2008-01-14
Post Count : 224
Merit : 21

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Nice job cleaning her up! The body looks slick as hell now.

It makes me sad when people don't take care of their cars (especially Riv's!). Glad she's found a good owner. smile

I'd recommend cleaning up the tires themselves (unless you're planning on modding/replacing them - then disregard!). Meguiar's makes some good tire cleaner/polish and it takes just a few minutes to wipe on. Then your tires will look as slick as the body.
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Location : Connecticut
Joined : 2010-02-21
Post Count : 310
Merit : 5

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 pm

florence_x wrote:
Nice job cleaning her up! The body looks slick as hell now.

It makes me sad when people don't take care of their cars (especially Riv's!). Glad she's found a good owner. smile

I'd recommend cleaning up the tires themselves (unless you're planning on modding/replacing them - then disregard!). Meguiar's makes some good tire cleaner/polish and it takes just a few minutes to wipe on. Then your tires will look as slick as the body.

I agree. I have no idea how people are able to treat their cars like they do. I mean this car was what, 30+k new and they treat it like this?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually working on getting some new wheels and tires but the guy I'm dealing with is being a PITA. Almost at the point of giving up but I'll shine up the stock tires in the mean time.

Sweepspear - You would not believe the crap I found underneath the rear seat and the fronts. Must of had kids, candy and gum everywhere just like your car. Disgusting!!
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Age : 55
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3059
Merit : 103

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:45 pm

WOW!!! .Like BMD said, this Rivi's found it's proper home...
I doubt the guys who built it would believe the paint came back like that! bow

My 2-cents-worth:

- We all have our favorite chemicals (no, not the Percocet!) but for the rocker panels/air dams I like Stoner Trim Shine... After a good scrubbing to get rid of any embedded dirt, this aerosol is an easy-as-hell way to bring back the dark gray color with a bit of satin shine.

- Because everyone seems to have had different luck with the 'restoration' products, before they get any harder to find get yourself a new set of cornering lights...

Again, great job thumbsup


Last edited by Eldo on Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru


Name : Rick
Location : Lancaster, MA
Joined : 2008-09-13
Post Count : 6232
Merit : 112

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 pm

I thought he did a very good job with the cornering lights. besides the paint, they were the next thing i noticed.
I do agree with buying a new set before they are obsolete, as I need to do the same when I can squeeze into the Mod / car budget.
But for now I'm just going to have to wet sand and bring them back as best I can.
I know they yellow from the inside too, but I'll do what I can with the exterior and I am paying a friend to wash and detail the exterior and interior over 2 weekends coming up soon. My job is to sit in the chair and re-work the corning lenses. I have been scolded regarding their condition.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Age : 55
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3059
Merit : 103

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Rickw wrote:
My job is to sit in the chair and re-work the corning lenses. I have been scolded regarding their condition.

whip whip
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Age : 37
Location : Roseville, MI
Joined : 2008-05-17
Post Count : 709
Merit : 6

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:09 am

Sweepspear wrote:
VJD2 wrote:
Thanks for the positive comments guys! It was a royal mess when I got it. It had been sitting under a tree in a yard for six plus months. Luckily I came to the rescue and saved her. The owner was selling it for parts but the car was in great shape, I had to save it! You can see before and after pics of the interior mess I had to deal with in another post. I'm amazed how the paint came out, no too much damage but not perfect. I can't be happier though. This car will never be neglected like that again!

Lots of hard work so far and its not done. Today I order new struts, shocks and springs to bring the ride back. Next pay check new brakes all around hopefully with some SS braid lines!!

Also installing new stereo with components up front and XM radio. Just have to pick up the antenna adapter. Stay tuned!

Kudos to you for saving a perfectly good car that otherwise would have needlessly been parted out and crushed!
cheers

It's really amazing how filthy some people let their cars get.
I think mine was used for a day care center judging by all the candy and small plastic bits of toys I found when I cleaned it up. The kids must have loved skittles.
The prismatic unicorn sticker on the dashboard was also a nice touch. suspect
Then there was the paint. While not as bad as yours, it had been neglected for many years.

I just lifted out the backseat of mine and found barrets for a little girls hair, gum wrappers, a condom (still in the wrap fortunately), and a packet of Emergen-C, along with what I assume is a pic of the previous owners daughter, and she is no beauty queen either.
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Location : Connecticut
Joined : 2010-02-21
Post Count : 310
Merit : 5

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Eldo wrote:
WOW!!! .Like BMD said, this Rivi's found it's proper home...
I doubt the guys who built it would believe the paint came back like that! bow

My 2-cents-worth:

- We all have our favorite chemicals (no, not the Percocet!) but for the rocker panels/air dams I like Stoner Trim Shine... After a good scrubbing to get rid of any embedded dirt, this aerosol is an easy-as-hell way to bring back the dark gray color with a bit of satin shine.

- Because everyone's seem to have had different luck with the 'restoration' products, before they get any harder to find get yourself a new set of cornering lights...

Again, great job thumbsup

Thanks again. I believe you are the second person to recommend the Stoner Trim shine so I'll probably pick that stuff up and try it.

I guess I'll have to start looking for a set of corner lights although mine aren't that bad and I didn't spend too much time on them at all.

Rickw wrote:
I thought he did a very good job with the cornering lights. besides the paint, they were the next thing i noticed.
I do agree with buying a new set before they are obsolete, as I need to do the same when I can squeeze into the Mod / car budget.
But for now I'm just going to have to wet sand and bring them back as best I can.
I know they yellow from the inside too, but I'll do what I can with the exterior and I am paying a friend to wash and detail the exterior and interior over 2 weekends coming up soon. My job is to sit in the chair and re-work the corning lenses. I have been scolded regarding their condition.

I used a product called Plexus which I got from the motorcycle world used to clean headlights, visors and other various plastic parts. Does wonders on car stuff too.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5007&L2=33&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_53-1104_G

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:

I just lifted out the backseat of mine and found barrets for a little girls hair, gum wrappers, a condom (still in the wrap fortunately), and a packet of Emergen-C, along with what I assume is a pic of the previous owners daughter, and she is no beauty queen either.

LOL, that is some funny stuff right there! Its amazing what you can find under seats and such in the interior of a car. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
moldymac
Fanatic


Name : David
Age : 35
Location : CT
Joined : 2010-01-22
Post Count : 288
Merit : 19

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm

WOW! Your riv looked a lot worse than mine did when I got it and I am amazed how well your's cleaned up! Mine had sat under a tree in someone's yard for 2 years before I bought it, saving it from the crusher. What did you do to make yours look so good? Wax alone isn't cutting it for me.

Eldo wrote:
KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
ot;]
I just lifted out the backseat of mine and found barrets for a little girls hair, gum wrappers, a condom (still in the wrap fortunately), and a packet of Emergen-C, along with what I assume is a pic of the previous owners daughter, and she is no beauty queen either.

LOL, that is some funny stuff right there! Its amazing what you can find under seats and such in the interior of a car. Crazy.

Don't forget behind the cassette/cd holder. I found a large collection of pens, bank envelopes (no cash frown ) and years worth of atm receipts. Ok, maybe there isn't anything good behind that.
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

Name : Florence
Age : 33
Location : New York City
Joined : 2008-01-14
Post Count : 224
Merit : 21

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

VJD2 wrote:


Sweepspear - You would not believe the crap I found underneath the rear seat and the fronts. Must of had kids, candy and gum everywhere just like your car. Disgusting!!

Ew! That's awful.

When I cleaned out my Riv after getting her, I found a spare set of keys to a Cadillac CTS. bonk

Luckily, I only bought the Riv from my dad. So he got his keys back.
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Location : Connecticut
Joined : 2010-02-21
Post Count : 310
Merit : 5

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:43 am

moldymac wrote:
WOW! Your riv looked a lot worse than mine did when I got it and I am amazed how well your's cleaned up! Mine had sat under a tree in someone's yard for 2 years before I bought it, saving it from the crusher. What did you do to make yours look so good? Wax alone isn't cutting it for me.

Don't forget behind the cassette/cd holder. I found a large collection of pens, bank envelopes (no cash frown ) and years worth of atm receipts. Ok, maybe there isn't anything good behind that.

Well I started with some of the baddest cleaner I could find which was TSP (TriSodium Phosphate) and washed the car with this and Meguiars Gold Classic soap. This stuff (TSP) is not paint friendly so I had to keep a constant water flow over the car as I was washing to get it off the paint as soon as possible. This removed all the grime immediately. Next I went around with some bug/tar remover and got rid of any really tough spots. Next I buffed with a polishing compound then did a second buff with a liquid Teflon that they use to buff airplanes (I have a friend in the aviation field) and tada! Almost perfect paint. Honestly the pics make it look much better than it is. There are still some deep scratches and swirl marks I can't get out but I'm not really worried about it because its looks fine for what it is. I'm sure a harsher compound buff would do the trick but eh.

Yup, didn't forget about behind there. I found about ten more pens, receipts, gum wrappers and a disgusting amount of ash from a previous smoker. That was gross. I hate smoke.

florence_x wrote:


Ew! That's awful.

When I cleaned out my Riv after getting her, I found a spare set of keys to a Cadillac CTS. bonk

Luckily, I only bought the Riv from my dad. So he got his keys back.

Ya it is. Freaking amazing how gross it was! I'm surprised I didn't catch something from cleaning this car! Eww..

LOL, that is funny. I'm sure your dad was glad to get those back.
Back to top Go down
moldymac
Fanatic


Name : David
Age : 35
Location : CT
Joined : 2010-01-22
Post Count : 288
Merit : 19

Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:37 pm

I have some work to do now, if yours came out that good I can hope to get half that out of my abused paint. I too bought mine as a parts car. It had a knock in the engine and was sitting under a tree for 2 years. It cleaned up nice, but i know it can get better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Pics of Lowered Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics of Lowered Riv   Pics of Lowered Riv Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Pics of Lowered Riv
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» couple pics of 1 of my mod tractors
» Actual showroom pics of the 2011 John Deere XUV 825i
» old TORQUE pics
» Old metal detector from the 1960's found... (PICS)
» Aetna Mountain 2-12-2011 a few pics

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: