Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?

Go down 
+6
crazyjackcsa
deekster_caddy
Derek
IBx1
J. Chris Davis
DEMonte1997
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? Empty
PostSubject: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm sick of the ugly brake and gas pedal in my Regal. Thinking of getting brushed aluminum or something different. Might even paint the set black or something.

Rice???
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Brushed aluminum would look good.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Razo makes some pretty sick pedals, although I'm not sure if ones like this would fit the style of the Regal:

What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? 31T53KDV1QL._SL500_AA300_

They make some regular brushed metal ones too, and while they look nice they do get pricey: LINK
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:50 pm

I've noticed that those are mostly made for the import crowd so there could be some fitment issues due to differing pedal designs. Also aluminum could be more slippery than the stock rubber covers so you have to be careful of your footing till you got used to it. That said I think they would look really good as long as you have other aluminum accent pieces to match it to.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Derek wrote:
I've noticed that those are mostly made for the import crowd so there could be some fitment issues due to differing pedal designs. Also aluminum could be more slippery than the stock rubber covers so you have to be careful of your footing till you got used to it. That said I think they would look really good as long as you have other aluminum accent pieces to match it to.

Yes, be careful. Most sale listings say "fits all Japanese, most domestic, and selected european models." The Regal is common enough, but try to get measurements for everything and find out how they mount.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:57 am

Rice. The pedals are more than enough out of sight. But it's your car and if you have money burning a hole in your pocket I understand that. Isn't there something more expensive and worthwhile you'd rather save up for?

Why don't you make it a poll?
Back to top Go down
crazyjackcsa

Name : Trevor
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:18 am

I have to agree with Derek, and really, who ever sees the pedals? It is you're car though.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah those Razo ones look a little crazy. I could have sworn they made some tasteful aluminum ones for GPs a while back...

After more thought, I might just take the ones I have now and clean them really nice. That will probably make me happy. haha
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:56 pm

f..k that rice shit...heres the real shit....

What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? 340-11295-lg
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah, RICE! Anything listed as a "pedal" that clips over the existing real pedal is ghetto IMO. They look like something someone would add to their Honda..... rolleyes

Those Wilwood's are nice....... wink
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Those are definitely nice. Can't really justify putting a cover over pedals on my car. That sounds really stupid.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction fellas.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:31 pm

no problem buddy. would you like some soy sauce with those thoughts?
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm

lol

i prefer wasabi razz
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:01 am

The original question was: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals.

To be honest, I don't care for them in the Riv but I can't speak for any other car, because I don't own one or have access to another car that I think they would look good in.

It is in the eye of the beholder.

All RICE.!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Rickw on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:13 am

Personally, I just wanted the "chrome" trim from the '95's pedals... But by 2005, they'd discontinued them.
In the interval, however, I realize that the only time I notice them is when I'm working under the dash! rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?   What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think about brushed aluminum pedals?
Page 1 of 1