Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Collapsed Radiator Hose

Go down 
+3
robotennis61
Abaddon
knuckled1
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

Collapsed Radiator Hose - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collapsed Radiator Hose   Collapsed Radiator Hose - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 am

J. Chris Davis wrote:
I guess the reason I didn't use the screw on the thermostat was I didn't want to have antifreeze come out and make a mess and I was bored and doing other stuff under the hood.
Bored, that's has to be the first time I heard the us of that term used while working on and trying to solve a problem on an engine.
BORED.????
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Collapsed Radiator Hose   Collapsed Radiator Hose - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:11 am

Eldo wrote:
J. Chris Davis wrote:
I squeezed the hoze while the coolant was in it while the car was running and it burped my system just fine. I did have to do it a bunch of times, but it worked.

Or we just park the car with the nose uphill and let the air burp out the filler neck of the radiator.

that's just hilarious
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Collapsed Radiator Hose   Collapsed Radiator Hose - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:38 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
Eldo wrote:
J. Chris Davis wrote:
I squeezed the hoze while the coolant was in it while the car was running and it burped my system just fine. I did have to do it a bunch of times, but it worked.

Or we just park the car with the nose uphill and let the air burp out the filler neck of the radiator.

that's just hilarious

Why? If there's air in the radiator, you can't get it out at the thermostat bleeder...
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Collapsed Radiator Hose   Collapsed Radiator Hose - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Eldo wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:
Eldo wrote:
J. Chris Davis wrote:

that's just hilarious

Why? If there's air in the radiator, you can't get it out at the thermostat bleeder...

lol! its just funny. wish i knew why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collapsed Radiator Hose   Collapsed Radiator Hose - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collapsed Radiator Hose
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2