HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Heated seats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knuckled1

Name : craig
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:50 am

Does anyone know how or what exactly is involved in installing heated seats. I have a 98 without the option. How hard and what exactly is needed for this conversion? Any help,ideas or leads for parts is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert

Name : Mark
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:35 pm

In short - a lot... lol

In long, you'd not only need to take your seat upholstery apart to install the elements (or find good, matching seat with heaters,) you'd need to attach control modules to the bottoms of the seats and find matching switch panels for the doors that have the push-buttons in them.

And that is assuming that the wiring harnesses from the doors to the seats are already in place...
Back to top Go down
knuckled1

Name : craig
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Uggh. Sounds like this might be alot of work. Gonna look into the cars I found at junkyard and see if either has that option. Is there any wiring besides that or relays,fuses,anything after the doors, at the fuse block? Thanks for the help. Gonna weigh the options on this one first!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:03 pm

knuckled1 wrote:
Uggh. Sounds like this might be alot of work. Gonna look into the cars I found at junkyard and see if either has that option. Is there any wiring besides that or relays,fuses,anything after the doors, at the fuse block? Thanks for the help. Gonna weigh the options on this one first!

actually there are kits for this on the internet, and you can install the switches on the center console by removing the ashtray panel (gives you room to work). Just do a web search on "heated seat kit" or some such and you will see several.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:53 pm

I think Alberts suggestion might be the easiest, practical way to go.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert

Name : Mark
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I think the first thing I'd do is check under the seats for any unconnected wires coming
out from under the carpet, and go from there...

(You might find that the heater wires come up to a connector mounted to the same bracket
as the seat adjuster connectors, but with nothing plugged into the other side.)
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Eldo wrote:
In short - a lot... lol

In long, you'd not only need to take your seat upholstery apart to install the elements (or find good, matching seat with heaters,) you'd need to attach control modules to the bottoms of the seats and find matching switch panels for the doors that have the push-buttons in them.

And that is assuming that the wiring harnesses from the doors to the seats are already in place...

...job is time consuming not difficult. I thought there was a thread on this site shows how to remove the seat upholstery - can't find it though. Basically you cut the hog rings that hold the upholstery on the wire stretchers, insert the seat heaters, then put it back together usnig new hog rings and hog ring pliers. There are seat heater kits made of trimmable material, consider those.

Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 am

Did anyone ever verify if the harness is already there, just no control module, heaters and door switches?

Sometimes the manufactures use the same harness, so all the wires and connectors are there. Any idea if the whole harness for the heated/memory seats is all there on a 95?

Thanks
Al
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Heated seats   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:51 am

Given the 95 mfg run was so big, probably Not.
Back to top Go down

Heated seats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1