Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coltrain
Rookie

Name : Colten
Merit : 0

Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break Empty
PostSubject: Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break   Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:23 pm

I need help finding the black rubber exhaust hangers that hold up the very back of the exhaust. I realized last summer when I bought the car that they were cracked and sagging a little. Six months later they are hanging lower and are hanging by a thread pretty much. i'm not looking forward to the day where I hit a bump in the road and the exhaust handers snap, possibly breaking anything involved in the exhaust system. Does anybody have the same problem as me? If so can you show me where to buy them, or even a model number? It would be much appreciated! help
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break   Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

They're pretty generic, cheap and quick. Just call an established, independent exhaust shop and ask how much to replace x hanger donuts. The shop that replaced the cat in my previous car put 2 donuts on my Riv in 5 minutes for free...
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break   Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Coltrain wrote:
I need help finding the black rubber exhaust hangers that hold up the very back of the exhaust. I realized last summer when I bought the car that they were cracked and sagging a little. Six months later they are hanging lower and are hanging by a thread pretty much. i'm not looking forward to the day where I hit a bump in the road and the exhaust handers snap, possibly breaking anything involved in the exhaust system. Does anybody have the same problem as me? If so can you show me where to buy them, or even a model number? It would be much appreciated! help

You can get the part numbers off RockAuto.com, I think they show the Walker or AP Exhaust numbers, then you might laugh when you see how inexpensive they are. You can call around with the numbers and find 'em locally. An exhaust place (yeah a Monro or Midas) will probably sell them to you cash and carry as cheap as anyone and are almost certain to have them.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Coltrain
Rookie

Name : Colten
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break   Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Oh thanks a bunch! That rockauto.com has the part I need! And you're right it's only like 3 bucks.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break   Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:03 am

Coltrain wrote:
Oh thanks a bunch! That rockauto.com has the part I need! And you're right it's only like 3 bucks.

The GM dealers charge more but iIf you have time on your hands you can probably get em from local pick n pull for almost nothing, if you're there for other parts and you found some with no cracks. Likely actually - the aftermarket ones are usually neoprene but the OE ones are usually a different synthetic rubber like Dow Corning "Silastic." If they have no cracks and you don't tear them getting them off then OE junkyard pulls might actually be your cheapest bet.

For my money I'd just choose the more convenient of either junkyard or the local NAPA or CarQuest or Midas or Monro -- and buy 'em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break   Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubber Exhaust Hangers about to break
Page 1 of 1