Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines Empty
PostSubject: Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines   Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I've been toying with the idea of setting up my own shady tree mechanic transmission flush machine. Anyone off hand know the size of the top fitting for the tranny line going into the radiator? I'll do a write if one hasn't been done yet. BTW, some will poo poo flushing the tranny, but I've found it's well worth it if done on a regular basis. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines   Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey Mark, write-ups are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines   Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Mark, check out my writeup about 3/4 down this page:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t1748p120-write-up-transmission-cooler-install

(Especially note that the top hose is the outlet from the stock cooler, even though it doesn't make traditional sense...)

Mark
Back to top Go down
playa
Fanatic
playa

Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines   Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:39 pm

You know what, that is funny. I have had mine flushed about every 15-20,000 miles and it always seems like the crew working on it has a leak or something where they have to start the flush over after reseating the hoses. Makes a little more sense now that I know the top is the return which is counterintuitive.

Just so I read clearly, 5/16th is the fitting size. After reading the write-up, thinking about a tranny cooler as well. I love this site!!!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines   Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:11 pm

playa wrote:
the crew working on it has a leak or something where they have to start the flush overafter reseating the hoses.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Start the flush over? I don't get it...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines   Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to know size of fitting for transmission lines
Page 1 of 1