Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com

Go down 
+25
69GSColorado
joshuadalegrimes
denim
L67GAMSE93
rivparadise
gmann3001
AA
pbrktrt
LARRY70GS
ghpcnm
charlieRobinson
bigdave
deekster_caddy
BMD
stan
robotennis61
RoughNecks17
flyineagle96
albertj
RidzRiv
Hometown Hero
turtleman
Z-type
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 am

Very glad to hear there seems to be no play. We knew the ls7 lifters were very slightly taller, but I wonder if some of the older lifters were also slightly shorter, causing what seems to be the rare problem of too much play with the YT rockers?

How does the underside of the blower look? Probally not as shiny as it was. frown

Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am

Josh, come on over! We'll start today smile .

Lol, Charlie.

Karma - you might be right about the original lifters being too short for this set of YT's. The old lifters APPEARED healthy, just a touch shorter. I didn't measure the differences, and I should have. Side by side, you could see a small difference and I knew even before I installed them that it would MAKE all the difference.

As for the underside of the blower, I wanted to get a picture of it for you but I was moving too fast lol. It's actually not bad! Not like it was, but now it has just a slight gold hue to it and it's not quite as lustrous. Still a work of art, which I appreciate greatly!
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 pm

I did one small thing today though. I made this:
My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT527a

What is it, you ask? It's a block-off plate for my transmission cooler. Just for the cooler months when even my redirection valve can't keep up. I made it out of a sheet of aluminum, backed it with 1/2" foam, painted it black, and added door edge guard to it so it didn't look tacky. It actually fastens to the brackets that hold my trans cooler to the car with those push pins - very convenient.

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT528

You don't really notice it with the grille in, but then again, you're not supposed to.
My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT529
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:15 am

Looks great Andrew!
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:15 am

Very sinister!
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 am

great idea
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

She lives! Actually, me and my fiance put the injectors back on yesterday, changed the oil, and put coolant back in. Few pics first.

In this picture I've already installed the injectors, but you can see they look BRAND NEW!
My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT535

The guys at Mr. Injector really offer a fantastic service for an awesome price. They sent me a results chart of before and after statistics on each injector, and a bunch of Jolly Ranchers! I didn't scan the results sheet into the computer but it breaks down like this:
#1 - before, flowed 75
#2 - before, flowed 77
#3 - before, flowed 73
#4 - before, flowed 73
#5 - before, flowed 72
#6 - before, flowed 75

Afterward, they all flowed at 100% at 77. Seeing the end results, I'm so glad I sent them out to get cleaned and rebuilt. A few of them there were getting ugly...

So anyway, Alyssa and I got everything going and turned the engine over for about 10 seconds at a time to try and get the lifters pumped a bit. I put the fuel pump relay back in and the car fired right up, but man was it noisy. I was a little scared and a little pissed because I figured everything was tight and right. But, after letting it run for a minute and just keeping calm the engine quieted right down and all was well.

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT534

Today, when I got home from work dad and I put the hood back on and I took it for a ride. The engine definitely has a huge and noticeable increase in power. Without even getting into boost, the car just pulls and pulls. It's amazing the difference those rockers made. Honestly, this car is to the point now where I'm wondering if putting the rockers on was a good idea lol. I'm terrified of this thing. I took it on a 10 mile drive and I just couldn't get it to wide open throttle...it was too much!

Totally worth it happy happy happy .

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT536
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Awesome! It is amazing how dirty the injectors get. I don't know of any tank cleaner that works as well as sending them out, although I do tend to dump a can of techron in all my cars at each oil change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Nice! I'm glad the new lifters sorted out the rocker noise.

Now for some WOT videos? Take it to a highway for some screaming!

Edit: Interesting your injectors were full at 77. Mine were 80. What was the calculated lbs/hr on the sheet?

Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks guys!

I'll get videos soon enough! We're getting a few days here with rain showers and I'd prefer not to get the Lesabre wet. Still, I'm afraid to go WOT lol. This thing has zero traction under 15 mph and when it takes off it launches you and has a bit of torque steer. Fun as hell lol.

The sheet says CC/MIN = 308 and the LBS/hour = 29.33. I believe yours was 30.4 or something, Andrew. Doesn't seem too far off, but I wonder about the difference.
Back to top Go down
L67GAMSE93
L67GAMSE93

Name : EricDrake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Z-type wrote:
She lives! Actually, me and my fiance put the injectors back on yesterday, changed the oil, and put coolant back in. Few pics first.

In this picture I've already installed the injectors, but you can see they look BRAND NEW!
My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT535

The guys at Mr. Injector really offer a fantastic service for an awesome price. They sent me a results chart of before and after statistics on each injector, and a bunch of Jolly Ranchers! I didn't scan the results sheet into the computer but it breaks down like this:
#1 - before, flowed 75
#2 - before, flowed 77
#3 - before, flowed 73
#4 - before, flowed 73
#5 - before, flowed 72
#6 - before, flowed 75

Afterward, they all flowed at 100% at 77. Seeing the end results, I'm so glad I sent them out to get cleaned and rebuilt. A few of them there were getting ugly...

So anyway, Alyssa and I got everything going and turned the engine over for about 10 seconds at a time to try and get the lifters pumped a bit. I put the fuel pump relay back in and the car fired right up, but man was it noisy. I was a little scared and a little pissed because I figured everything was tight and right. But, after letting it run for a minute and just keeping calm the engine quieted right down and all was well.

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT534

Today, when I got home from work dad and I put the hood back on and I took it for a ride. The engine definitely has a huge and noticeable increase in power. Without even getting into boost, the car just pulls and pulls. It's amazing the difference those rockers made. Honestly, this car is to the point now where I'm wondering if putting the rockers on was a good idea lol. I'm terrified of this thing. I took it on a 10 mile drive and I just couldn't get it to wide open throttle...it was too much!

Totally worth it happy happy  happy .

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 MaroonT536

Any Video's?
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 am

Hey Eric, yes I have two videos. Unfortunately they're from before I installed the rockers, but they certainly get the point across!happy

I really do need to take new ones. I've been driving the car a lot, it really likes to eat miles! The weather hasn't been cooperating here whatsoever so I haven't had it out in about a week. It's soooooooo much fun.
Back to top Go down
L67GAMSE93
L67GAMSE93

Name : EricDrake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:59 am

Z-type wrote:
Hey Eric, yes I have two videos. Unfortunately they're from before I installed the rockers, but they certainly get the point across!happy

I really do need to take new ones. I've been driving the car a lot, it really likes to eat miles! The weather hasn't been cooperating here whatsoever so I haven't had it out in about a week. It's soooooooo much fun.

Nice i'm gonna have to post some video's of my grand am. In the near feautre i will be swapping the L32 in my grand am The Bonneville swap hard i ended up selling it. it ran right i just wanted more lol
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I posted here, and especially odd I bring it up in the Winter when the Lesabre is asleep!

Anywho, I pretty much just cruised all summer. I put almost 4,000 miles on the car driving on two trips, one car show, and to and from work. I finally developed two small issues (I say finally because this was my first engine swap) and now is the time to think about some things.

The coolant temperature sensor for the gauges (different than the PCM's temp input) doesn't really read right on the gauge, so i think I used the wrong sealant for the threads and it's not grounding correctly, thus not giving the correct temperature.

The second issue is my passenger side axle is about ready to break. It lost all it's grease on the outer joint and is making a good bit of noise around corners. I also suspect this is the reason I get a vibration at 3,000 RPM under load (balancer pulley looks good) .

Those are two minor issues, really, but the reason I'm here is because I want opinions on dropping another pulley size. First, my mods:

Karma Kustoms ported, polished, silencer block off plate M62
2.5" pulley (down from 2.85")
YT 1.8 Rockers
Ported intake manifold
Exhaust
Intense intake
(the usual plugs, wires, thermostat)
Series II coils
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Aggressive tune from Sinister Performance

I've never seen KR on my scanner when I've run it hard and hot. Do you think it's worth spending $80 to drop down to a 2.4" pulley?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:38 am

Lets see:
-You have probably one of the best ported m62s in existence
-The only bolt on airflow mod short of a cam for a series 1(rockers)
-Flow matched injectors
-The hotter series 2 coils
-race fuel pump
-tune
-supporting mods
-no KR

You pretty much have already done the ideal mix and main points for dropping a pulley. If you want more boost, then I don't think I've ever read about a more ideal series 1 candidate.

Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 am

I would take care of that CV joint before doing anything else, unless you just want to break it wink
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 3:18 pm

I guess I didn't think as much about the whole picture as i thought. I remember when I did the swap I went with the 2.5" not knowing what to expect but I suppose youre right...no reason not to do a 2.4"! A 2.3 would be too much I think.

Derek - a couple burnouts ought to take care if it wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:43 am

Or you could look at someone to do up a cam profile for you.... smile

Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:08 am

What about E85, depending on how easily you could get it?
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:05 pm

A cam would certainly be more unique, but a little more work than I'd really like to get into lol. I pretty much know what's involved and i think I'll leave the engine be. I'm already blown away by how the car performs!

Matt - E85 is scarce here. I wouldn't be opposed to that idea if this PCM were easy to tune, though. I'd have to send it to Sinister for about $60 each time it needed adjusted frown .

I have to buy propane to fill our tanks this month but next month I think I'll get a pulley. Mwahaha.

Oh, and an axle lol...
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:02 pm

I've been searching for about 2 years for a bigger rear sway bar for this car. Obviously the Bonneville SSE's and SSEi's had bigger ones, but I could never get one from the junk yard and no one on the PontiacBonneville forum would give them up. Found one on ebay, a 21mm up from the stock 19mm! It was cheap too.

Then it gets delivered and I find out it's the bigger 22.5mm bar instead! Woohoo! Spring is going to be fun. Smaller pulley, better handling (especially if I get good rear links)....
Back to top Go down
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

Name : Ruben
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks for the info Andrew. I was thinking about upgrading the rear sway bar but wasn't sure what I could use

Last edited by chitown_riv98 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:37 am

You know what else you should do with the sabre?
http://www.magnashift.com/magnashift_controllers.html

You want the TMC 806, and their 4t60e wiring harness.(actually the controller might come with the needed harness..)

Gives you full manual control of the transmission, line pressure, lock-up, digital gauge showing gear, and launch-control.  Fab up a cool ratchet shift handle to trigger the shifts, and make it even more of a blast to drive.

You should do it, because, well... so that you can find out all the things I need to know before I do it.

Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Oh wow that would be REALLY cool. I would HAVE to find a way to do paddle shifters perhaps. Or adapt a new style shifter from a 'manumatic' car, like a Cruze or late model GP or something.

I don't like when you show me cool things. It usually ends up with my buying them.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Yes, I remember when that was posted years ago, always wanted to try it. Just wasn't sure if it would work with 4t65E.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My L67 swap from LesabreT.com   My L67 swap from LesabreT.com - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

My L67 swap from LesabreT.com
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next