HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
matt270avian
Expert

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: 69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!   Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:36 pm

69GSColorado wrote:

matt270avian wrote:
How did you get such sharp edges if it was spray tint?

We taped it off around the only area that emits light. And the black isn't technically tint. It's PPG gloss black paint with clear coat I believe. I didn't want the light shining around the edges. It's a crisp, clear cutoff. I'll have to get some good night pictures. With the LED taillights installed, it's BRIGHT!

OH, so you sanded ALL of the tint off and just painted. It was my understanding that you just sanded those areas bonk
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: 69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!   Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:03 pm

matt270avian wrote:

69GSColorado wrote:

matt270avian wrote:
How did you get such sharp edges if it was spray tint?

We taped it off around the only area that emits light. And the black isn't technically tint. It's PPG gloss black paint with clear coat I believe. I didn't want the light shining around the edges. It's a crisp, clear cutoff. I'll have to get some good night pictures. With the LED taillights installed, it's BRIGHT!

OH, so you sanded ALL of the tint off and just painted. It was my understanding that you just sanded those areas bonk

No you're correct. I guess I should have specified that my previous "Tint" was in fact a coat of "black paint" as well. I didn't know this at first and thought that too many coats of tint were applied. My current body man revealed this to me as we were sanding it off. While my lights were still clearly visible at evening and night, they were VERY hard to see during the daytime. That definitely explained why.
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: 69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!   Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
KnottyEagle
Fanatic

Name : Daymon
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: 69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!   Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:09 pm

That thing is absolutely gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
JacobsRedRivi
Amateur

Name : Jake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: 69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:54 am

Where did you get that spoiler?? that is bad ass!
Back to top Go down

69GSColorado's 1996 Riviera GS -- New Tail Light Design!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10