Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Well I'm not new but...

Go down 
+5
DEMonte1997
stan
setsuna57
9 posters
AuthorMessage
setsuna57

Name : Rsquared
Merit : 3

Well I'm not new but... Empty
PostSubject: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:24 pm

I guess I will share some a picthats thr riv I got from dreww up front and my gfs 95sc in the backgroundWell I'm not new but... Img_0012
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:13 am

yeah....
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 am

I know nothing to be excited about that is the first and only picture of any of our rivs on the board just thought I'd start out slow instead of nuking a page with 100 pics.

Well I'm not new but... Img_0014
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 am

How many other people can say they got 3 rivs on this board? Now that's a riv enthusiast
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 am

At first my gf complained that no one ever asks her about the riv like they did with our other cars....but now shes getting unwanted attention, last night she was out with her grandma bringing me food on my break, and a porsche was reving its engine up at her at a light crazy she normally just takes off to the speed limit thats just how she drives no tire barking or anything like that no reason for anyone to get stupid like this, once she gets to 45 and is going steady the porsche decides to do a fly by 3gears it made her so mad she started screaming out the window " are you serious? your in a f%^&*$# porsche!!". After that she went and picked her mom up now it's my gf her Gma and her mom in the car on their way to kroger and a challenger that was a stop light ahead decides to drop back and stalk/speedmatch her all the way to kroger. headshot I dunno the only time she drives crazy is when we drive or rivs together on back roads oh well whatever people are retarded...
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

ok I found out what kind of porsche it was .......a freaking cayman s ewolfe prolly could have handled it but we aren't ewolfe lmao we are talking a 1200 pound diff in weight ..at the least I sure hope anyone who buys a 60k car can show my gf 3k car whos boss when shes not even trying to do anything.... clap
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 pm

setsuna57 wrote:
I know nothing to be excited about that is the first and only picture of any of our rivs on the board just thought I'd start out slow instead of nuking a page with 100 pics.

Haha!, I don't know anyone who might have done that when they had a riv.

Nice set of rivs though. Always liked silver ones.

How did you find the HV3 on the NA engine? I picked one up for my dad, but haven't installed it yet.

Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm

That's funny, I can't get one challenge in the vette. Its just a slow c5 wink

Come to think of it, I could never get a challenge in the riv either.
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Karma wrote:
setsuna57 wrote:

Haha!, I don't know anyone who might have done that when they had a riv.

Nice set of rivs though. Always liked silver ones.

How did you find the HV3 on the NA engine? I picked one up for my dad, but haven't installed it yet.

well I bought it on zzps black friday sale last year...and had it put on with the tstat and heat shield it really made the car viscious I don't know if you'd be a believer but in a max speed run when her 95 sc was stock she couldnt pass me from a 45 roll I dont think i'd have a chance now since I started working on hers it hits 70 like nothing and its 5mph off speedo wise due to the wheels with the na it roars to 45 takes a sec and then roars to 80-90 pretty quick
with drewws which I haven't had many chances to drive yet its just fast lol and it all seems effortless in the supercharged cars the NA makes you feel like the car is doing its damndest for you lol.
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 pm

dreww wrote:
That's funny, I can't get one challenge in the vette. Its just a slow c5 wink

Come to think of it, I could never get a challenge in the riv either.

lmao you dont live in denton thats why , if you drove around denton long enough like 10 mins someone would show you their a@# real quik its amazing...people hate our 95 NA with a passion and with the way it runs(having to use 50% throttle or more to get it to move) one of the reasons I bought another riv for my GF is so she wouldn't have to put up with this crap so much...but on a cold night the magnaflows sound pretty darn good real deep and maybe that is some of the cause. it seems exhaust causes more probs than anything I dunno when we start driving drewws quiet storm we will see how people react... I could be wrong mybe its the combo of rims and exhaust and they assume we are one of those people who think that makes your car invincible I just love rivs...end of story lol but hey dreww maybe ill have an xkr when you get back next year....lol
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Nice stable!

On a side note, I get challenged all the time in the Riv but never in the Regal. Frustrating.
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:03 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Nice stable!

On a side note, I get challenged all the time in the Riv but never in the Regal. Frustrating.

That's cause your riv looks badass!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Quote :
ok I found out what kind of porsche it was .......a freaking cayman s ewolfe prolly could have handled it but we aren't ewolfe lmao we are talking a 1200 pound diff in weight ..at the least I sure hope anyone who buys a 60k car can show my gf 3k car whos boss when shes not even trying to do anything....
I would try racing a Cayman S, knowing from the get-go I have little chance of beating it. I read somewhere that Porsche inadvertently made the S a little "too fast", and so needed to detune it so it wouldn't compete with the base 911. I read somewhere else that some drivers were still achieving better lap times with the Cayman S than the 911! The S is a fast car, one of the only Porsches I'd consider driving.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:25 am

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Nice stable!

lol thanks but I dont have pics of my redheaded step child up yet(the N/A) it looks good in pics and from far away but the paint is really messed up...and the interior is even worse....
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Big repairs on the way for my GF's 95 sc new rack and pinion rear trans mount a 4t60 hd from drewws riv new oil pan ....and so on all from a broken cradle mount -broke the trans mount-broke the rack and pinion...oh well thats how it goes.....will be back in action in a couple of months....
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:24 am

Well I'm not new but... Img_0511
Well I'm not new but... Img_0510

Pics of the dreww custom at our storage......
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Well I'm not new but... Img_0512
new and old jvc radio's didn't get the pioneer after all

Well I'm not new but... Img_0513
parts waiting to go on.....

Well I'm not new but... Img_0514
current best time...3-2-2012 on my way to work....
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 pm

I really like those rims.they just look right.Personally I go for more rounded design elements in a rim,but they look correct.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Nice! What gauge pod is that? It looks like it fits reasonably well. Any more pics of that? I love the way the paint, lower trim, & wheels look in the last pic. There's kind of a meshing of mad class and sinister roots
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:57 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
I really like those rims.they just look right.Personally I go for more rounded design elements in a rim,but they look correct.

thanks I really like the coffin outline spokes on them however I am pissed at tire rack I bought theese because they were listed as only having 16s and 17s for the riv but if you look up a newer gm with the same bolt pattern you can get 18s for the same price now that I payed for the 16s grrrr....
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:00 pm

turtleman wrote:
Nice! What gauge pod is that? It looks like it fits reasonably well. Any more pics of that? I love the way the paint, lower trim, & wheels look in the last pic. There's kind of a meshing of mad class and sinister roots

thanks to you aswell feels good to get a compliment from one of the more killer rivs of here. I dont have many interior pics but I can get some as I won't be going anywhere this weekend after trashing my passenger CV (I think...) bleh
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Here are some pics at night as I just woke up.... they are not great but you get the idea I hope
Well I'm not new but... Img_0515

Well I'm not new but... Img_0516

Well I'm not new but... Img_0517

anyway lots of free time now that the car is down....shoud have done a before exhaust vid while trying to figure out whats going on with the car...she did a flyby and it actually hurt one of my ears...that gave me chills......
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 am

Looks really nice...good work !!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
setsuna57

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:55 pm

spent my afternoon making an air box.......

Well I'm not new but... Img_0610

Well I'm not new but... Img_0611

Well I'm not new but... Img_0612

maybe i will get done with it one day.....
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm

thats hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I'm not new but...   Well I'm not new but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well I'm not new but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: