Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Transmission Problems

Go down 
+4
albertj
rivparadise
AA
katrinasriviera
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rk0ehn
Enthusiast
rk0ehn

Name : Christian Rolf Köhn
Merit : 14

Transmission Problems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission Problems   Transmission Problems - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Is this the Thermistor??

Transmission Problems - Page 2 Sdf10

Transmission Problems - Page 2 Sgs10
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Problems   Transmission Problems - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow... can this be a problem on a 95 SC?

I haven't checked gears 2 and 3, but drive didn't work and my reverse works...

Should probably check that.
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Problems   Transmission Problems - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 am

Went to start the car yesterday to test the transmission to see if I had 2nd or 3rd gears (I tried Drive and Reverse when I bought it, only reverse worked) - battery was dead.

The dead battery is an AC Delco 6 year battery, but according to the serial number it's from 2003... so, basically - way overdue for replacement.

I'm gonna pick a new one up today. While I was down there though, I pulled out the thermistor on the positive terminal and ohmed it out. It's reading at 181-183 ohms at room temp. When I applied my thumb (warm) to the surface, it gradually decreased the resistance to 175 and then when I removed my thumb, gradually returned back to 181-183 ohms. Is this in the proper range? It seems like it is functioning properly to me. All the wiring looks fantastic and no corrosion down there.

I can only attribute the weird issues to the dying (now-dead) battery. Will pick up a new one after work and see if my trans starts working. Perhaps it was in limp mode due to low voltage or something.

I guess if it doesn't work with the new battery, I'll unplug the BATT THERM fuse from underneath the seat and see if limp mode goes away.

Here's hoping. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Problems   Transmission Problems - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transmission Problems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2