Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Help me with my riviera

Go down 
+2
albertj
MartyMcFlyy31
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MartyMcFlyy31
Special

Name : MartyMcflyy
Merit : 0

Help me with my riviera Empty
PostSubject: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I had stumble across this forum last nite and it's a god sent!!! I love my 95 Riviera and I want it to look the best that it can and what I can afford to spend on it!! So I am looking for some suggestions and any advice!!! I will post some pics tomorrow thanks and I am happy to be part of the team!!!!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 pm

MartyMcFlyy31 wrote:
I had stumble across this forum last nite and it's a god sent!!! I love my 95 Riviera and I want it to look the best that it can and what I can afford to spend on it!! So I am looking for some suggestions and any advice!!! I will post some pics tomorrow thanks and I am happy to be part of the team!!!!

check the undercarriage/chassis for rust especially on the engine cradle and brake lines...
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 pm

MartyMcflyy welcome bro!
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Welcome aboard! After checking out the chassis like AA suggests, if all looks well, a good place to scavenge ideas would be the "showroom". It may take awhile but you'll find pretty well everything that could be done to improve the overall appeal of the Riviera. wink

here's a great example...
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t5729-write-up-front-rear-bumper-modification
scroll to pages 30,31 for finished product.
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Welcome its nice to have you here. check your air shocks in back and the air compressor
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:42 pm

get rid of the power seats.together they weigh close to 130 pounds. and never allow fat people in the Riv.The Riv hates that!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:23 am

gmann3001 wrote:
Welcome its nice to have you here. check your air shocks in back and the air compressor

The point is you have a 17-year-old car and you need to be sure it's tight before you spend $$$ on "making it pretty" only to find you need some serious work done and are tapped out of cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my riviera   Help me with my riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me with my riviera
Page 1 of 1