Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hmm, this may be more work than I though...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Biosci777
Rookie

Name : Joel
Merit : 0

Hmm, this may be more work than I though... Empty
PostSubject: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:26 pm

I posted about my new-to-me 95 NA Riviera a couple of weeks ago, and that it was having some transmission issues. Well, today I finally got around to dropping the pan to replace the filter, hoping that might make the difference.

I don't think the filter is gonna help. Does that look like the remains of a reverse reaction drum to anyone else?
Hmm, this may be more work than I though... Pict0110
Hmm, this may be more work than I though... Pict0111
Hmm, this may be more work than I though... Pict0112
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Looks like ya gonna be dipping into the slush fund for this one.Maybe you can find a good used one from a junker?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Ummm yeah. Not sure where those pieces came from but you are looking at some in depth work there. If you can get the trans out of the car it will save you a ton in labor, R&R is almost as much labor as the rebuild itself.
Back to top Go down
Biosci777
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Robo, I found a used transmission for $300 (shipped!) but whether it's any good who can tell? The car came with a spare 4T65-E, which of course doesn't fit my car. Any clue whether the innards of the 60 and 65 are compatible?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Not compatible.Do you know if the tranny came out of a good engine?any gurantees>
Back to top Go down
Biosci777
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:46 pm

I have the guarantee that it shifted well in the car it came out of. That's from the guy who told me he had verified it would work in a 95 Riviera. rolleyes
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:54 pm

If you can ask him, find out what car the 4T65 came from. Should be able to sell it.

Try car-part.com for a complete used trans for your car. They should cross reference it to other makes/models automatically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, this may be more work than I though...   Hmm, this may be more work than I though... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hmm, this may be more work than I though...
Page 1 of 1