HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Supercharger woes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fern88

Name : Fern
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Supercharger woes   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:12 am

My Supercharger has been making this rocks/grinding noise from the throttle body area. I replaced the front plastic coupler and unfortunately that didn't solve much. So I thought maybe the needle bearings. I did some research on the forum and realized I can't change the needle bearings without a press of some sort and drilling and tapping, so I decided to buy another used low miles supercharger that came of a 97 park avenue. Will this supercharger work for my car? Is there a easier way to fix my current supercharger instead of spending way more money? Another problem I ran into was that while I removed the supercharger I tore the gasket and its stuck in pieces on the plenum. How do I get this off? I tried a razor blade but I don't want to score and scratch it... It's driving me crazy!! mad

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru

Name : robotennis
Merit : 142

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:25 am

Fern88 wrote:
My Supercharger has been making this rocks/grinding noise from the throttle body area. I replaced the front plastic coupler and unfortunately that didn't solve much. So I thought maybe the needle bearings. I did some research on the forum and realized I can't change the needle bearings without a press of some sort and drilling and tapping, so I decided to buy another used low miles supercharger that came of a 97 park avenue. Will this supercharger work for my car? Is there a easier way to fix my current supercharger instead of spending way more money? Another problem I ran into was that while I removed the supercharger I tore the gasket and its stuck in pieces on the plenum. How do I get this off? I tried a razor blade but I don't want to score and scratch it... It's driving me crazy!! mad

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

http://www.3800supercharger.net/bearings.html
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:45 am

A 97 M90 will not fit a 95 M62 if I remember correctly. As far as cleaning the old gasket, there is a special tool for cleaning aluminum. A rubbery small disk with little rubber fingers as not to scratch OR leave debris.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
Fern88

Name : Fern
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks for the replies guys. It is very appreciated. I tried looking for those rubber disks for cleaning aluminum but no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Is there a name for them?
Back to top Go down
pbrktrt
Enthusiast

Name : patrick gervais
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 am

They are MMM Roloc abrasive brushes. You will need a air drill or die grinder and the Roloc adapter.
Back to top Go down
c0reyl
Addict

Name : Corey
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:44 am

How much is a used supercharger? brand new they are like 2 grand it seems, but my friend tells me I can grab one for $75 out of a junkyard. this seems impossible someone would sell something that cheap
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 am

At a local junkyard i saw an m62 in a 95 riv. I asked a price just out of curiosity and he said $175.
Back to top Go down
pbrktrt
Enthusiast

Name : patrick gervais
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger woes   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

There are many rebuilt units on E-Bay for varying prices. If you aren't comfortable with repairing your own this may be the way to go.
Back to top Go down

Supercharger woes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1