Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

How to test blower motor module in 95

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron12
Special

Name : carl haubold
Merit : 0

How to test blower motor module in 95 Empty
PostSubject: How to test blower motor module in 95   How to test blower motor module in 95 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

The auto climate control worked intermittently for one day and than the fan stopped altogether. Does anyone know what test I would use to determine if its the blower control module or the actual head unit itself. I checked all of the fuse (including under the rear seat) and they were all good.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   How to test blower motor module in 95 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:28 am

Easiest test without getting to involved is to just turn on your blower motor. Then tap on the blower motor lightly with a small hammer. In most cases if it is the blower motor it will start running again, but that a very good sign they have shyt the bed.
Back to top Go down
Iron12
Special

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   How to test blower motor module in 95 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Blower motor is fine. I disconnected the supply from the Riviera and threw 12 volts from another source and it started blowing immediately. Is their a way to test the control module? Also I see a lot of modules available with the same pin pattern but different mounting patterns that fit other GM products, I would imagine these would work but would like to know if anyone else has tried this approach.
Back to top Go down
Iron12
Special

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   How to test blower motor module in 95 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:57 pm

I found one on eBay for $35 with shipping from DKIautoparts. Hopefully it works longer than a week but for the price I couldn't pass it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   How to test blower motor module in 95 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to test blower motor module in 95
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: