HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

How to test blower motor module in 95

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iron12

Name : carl haubold
Merit : 0

PostSubject: How to test blower motor module in 95   Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

The auto climate control worked intermittently for one day and than the fan stopped altogether. Does anyone know what test I would use to determine if its the blower control module or the actual head unit itself. I checked all of the fuse (including under the rear seat) and they were all good.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   Wed May 30, 2012 10:28 am

Easiest test without getting to involved is to just turn on your blower motor. Then tap on the blower motor lightly with a small hammer. In most cases if it is the blower motor it will start running again, but that a very good sign they have shyt the bed.
Back to top Go down
Iron12

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   Wed May 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Blower motor is fine. I disconnected the supply from the Riviera and threw 12 volts from another source and it started blowing immediately. Is their a way to test the control module? Also I see a lot of modules available with the same pin pattern but different mounting patterns that fit other GM products, I would imagine these would work but would like to know if anyone else has tried this approach.
Back to top Go down
Iron12

PostSubject: Re: How to test blower motor module in 95   Wed May 30, 2012 4:57 pm

I found one on eBay for $35 with shipping from DKIautoparts. Hopefully it works longer than a week but for the price I couldn't pass it up.
Back to top Go down

How to test blower motor module in 95
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1