Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

I hope somebody can help me...

Go down 
+2
robotennis61
gmann3001
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

I hope somebody can help me... Empty
PostSubject: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:48 pm

dunno Is there an door wiring harness that can be unplugged in the dash! I was looking over
some things in my Riv that need attention and my drivers door lights and most of the switches
don't work! I moved the rubber boot and found about 6 broken wires! my problem is that I don't
have enough room to work with the rubber boot in the way. I think I saw something about this
issue in the past but cant find it in the search. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I dont know about a disconectable harness from the cabin.Dont mean there aint one.Cant you make the repairs in the space youhave?
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Not really, the wires are broken right in the middle. i cant get the boot far enough over for good access.
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

No sir, no harness plug under the dash. That being said though, it's not as bad as you think to disconnect all the switches and sensors and pull the harness out of the door for repair.

Label all the ends to what they connect to, pull it through from the door, and you should be able to move the boot out of the way enough to repair the broken wires. The hardest part, honestly, willbe getting all the sensor and switch ends back in the door, but don't let it scare you. I think that's probably the best way to go, but I could be wrong smile .

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Z-type wrote:
No sir, no harness plug under the dash. That being said though, it's not as bad as you think to disconnect all the switches and sensors and pull the harness out of the door for repair.

Label all the ends to what they connect to, pull it through from the door, and you should be able to move the boot out of the way enough to repair the broken wires. The hardest part, honestly, willbe getting all the sensor and switch ends back in the door, but don't let it scare you. I think that's probably the best way to go, but I could be wrong smile .

Anyone else?

Sounds like you've got the right approach. Get the slack from removing the door components, it's probably easier than disassembling the dash side.
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks guys! I had considered doing it that way but was hoping for an easier way...
I guess that's this weekends project. cool
Back to top Go down
MFFDVR
Amateur
MFFDVR

Name : Chris
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm

When running wire from my amp to the door speakers i found that the previous owner had cut the boot and managed to slice a handful of wires. I was able to repair the wires with the boot off. Only came off because it was already cut. Disassemply of the door panel wasn't too complicated, though. Probably worth it if you don't want to damage the boot.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:10 pm

gmann3001 wrote:
Thanks guys! I had considered doing it that way but was hoping for an easier way...
I guess that's this weekends project. cool

Naah - it's tedious but that tedium is really the only problem...
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Well I had the door apart last Aug. to do the speakers so I don't wink think it will be to hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope somebody can help me...   I hope somebody can help me... Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope somebody can help me...
Page 1 of 1