Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

help crazy idle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pipes
Pipes

Name : Pipes
Merit : 0

help crazy idle  Empty
PostSubject: help crazy idle    help crazy idle  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 pm

i dont know what cause this problem... last week i changed my tps sensor and replace the connector to it because i had code saying tps was bad. p0123 and p0122( i think thats the codes). but after i replaced them my car started to rev up to 1465rpms on it own. scanedthe car and tps code went away but the car wont idle properly cant figure this one out be trying to find faulty wiring but all wires to it get proper power tps is getting 5v like it should.... but it saying that it is open 2 degrees throttle cable is not kinked or stretched in anyway... im clueless and its starting to piss me off car was runnng great before switched sensor. i even tried to put old one back on same problem.... what could it be? im thinking linkage but never had a problem like this before with throttle body
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

help crazy idle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: help crazy idle    help crazy idle  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Are you sure you wired the TPS connector correctly?

Also check elsewhere on the wiring to the TPS, for a short to ground. Just in case.

Last edited by albertj on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pipes
Pipes

Name : Pipes
Merit : 0

help crazy idle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: help crazy idle    help crazy idle  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm

yes it was color matched. idiot proof.... lol but it wont read sensor i wired wrong
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

help crazy idle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: help crazy idle    help crazy idle  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

might wanna check the new TPS with a meter and be sure you get expected voltage readings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help crazy idle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: help crazy idle    help crazy idle  Empty

Back to top Go down

help crazy idle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: