HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Antenna replacement, Aftermarket?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 121

PostSubject: Re: Antenna replacement, Aftermarket?   Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:47 pm

RivieraRyan wrote:
My antenna stopped retracting so the dealer said to replace it. I was able to get a new motormotor, but am having a hard time locating the Mast. Any help finding OEM part# 19151301 is much appreciated.

Contact Ed Morad, moradpartscompany.com -- the mast interchanges across a number of GM cars and he's bout to have at least one, OR a removed-from-service aftermarket power antenna unit that will fit (they don't all fit right).

I had an aftermarket unit for a while, bought an OE pull from Morad. **Years** ago, it's still working. The hint: keep the shaft clean. That's it, mostly.
Back to top Go down
RivieraRyan
Amateur

Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Antenna replacement, Aftermarket?   Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:01 pm

How do I clean it? I can hear the motor working when I cut the engine off and if I run around and push it down with my hand before the motor stopsstops, it goes down. Maybe if I clean it well I don't even need to replace it and I can return the new motor.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 121

PostSubject: Re: Antenna replacement, Aftermarket?   Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:27 pm

The problem is the plastic cord that moves the antenna gets crap on it and you can't really get it of. If you**keep** it clan from the get-go there never is enough dirt buildup to matter.

You keep it clean by wiping it off while it is extended. Wipe off the dirt, salt spray etc with a clean rag before the antenna retracts. You can lube it with a little DOT 5 silicone brake fluid, WD40 on a rag, or other light lubricant BUT you have to keep in clean because those lubes hod dirt too.

Did I say you have to keep it clean?

Albertj
Back to top Go down

Antenna replacement, Aftermarket?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3