Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

MAP Sensor Location..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hecc
Special

Name : hecczilla
Merit : 0

MAP Sensor Location.. Empty
PostSubject: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 pm

where is the MAP sensor Located on a 95 riviera supercharched?? Please Help!!
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah... There isn't one. The 95 SC is weird that way. The PCM uses the MAF only.

Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Apologies to revive such an old thread, but I have the same question.

My Actron 9145 isn't showing any typical DTC associated with MAP problem, but in the data logging section is showing "MAP sensor fail = 1". I'm not sure what that means, but it seems troubling.

I'm having some issues with missing under acceleration that sometimes can be MAP symptoms, and with this log makes me suspect if I do have a MAP and it is failed or failing.

I've looked on a few parts sites, like Rockauto, and they list a MAP for the 1995 SC Riviera:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,1995,riviera,3.8l+v6+supercharged,1022016,fuel+&+air,manifold+pressure+(map)+sensor,11207

So, does the 95 SC use a MAP, and if so where is it located?

Thanks,
Al

Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 3:31 pm

If the series 1 does have a MAP sensor, yours would be the first ive heard of going bad. I even had mine wired incorrectly for a week and it didnt kill it.
I would check at the sensor that you have good voltage and ground and communication to PCM.
On the series 2 it sits back center of the motor right next to the EVAP purge sensor.
Edit after reading first post. I dont have a 95 to confirm.

Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 am

There is no MAP sensor on the 95 SC. Rock auto is incorrect. If you really want to see for yourself try unplugging your MAF and watch the engine not run at all. On the series 2 with the MAF unplugged the engine will fall back to and run on the MAP. The series one SC doesn't have a MAP and can't do the same thing.

Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Karma wrote:
There is no MAP sensor on the 95 SC.  Rock auto is incorrect. If you really want to see for yourself try unplugging your MAF and watch the engine not run at all. On the series 2 with the MAF unplugged the engine will fall back to and run on the MAP. The series one SC doesn't have a MAP and can't do the same thing.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAP Sensor Location..   MAP Sensor Location.. Empty

Back to top Go down

MAP Sensor Location..
Page 1 of 1