Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Dash / Radio install kit for 95?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron12
Special

Name : carl haubold
Merit : 0

Dash / Radio install kit for 95? Empty
PostSubject: Dash / Radio install kit for 95?   Dash / Radio install kit for 95? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Newbie here, I'm installing a Kenwood KDC HD 552U unit in my 95 and would like to know which dash kit would work. Crutchfield of course says no units will fit and I don't trust some of the other web sights. The dash and radio are currently disassembled and I do realize I may have to dremel out where the oem radio was. I haven't been able to find any part numbers in the forum and if I over looked any obvious answers I apologize in advance.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Dash / Radio install kit for 95?   Dash / Radio install kit for 95? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm

they all fit. you just have to get creative with your dremel. nibble a little bit at a time.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Dash / Radio install kit for 95?   Dash / Radio install kit for 95? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:37 pm

If you were looking for a bolt-in radio you are hosed.

if you have/can modify the dash (including fabricating a bracket out of sheet steel or heavier aluminum) you will be OK.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Iron12
Special

Name : carl haubold
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dash / Radio install kit for 95?   Dash / Radio install kit for 95? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:02 pm

For a single din radio (Kenwood series) the Scoshe GM1504 works with no cutting required. It looks good and sounds great with the premium factory speakers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash / Radio install kit for 95?   Dash / Radio install kit for 95? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dash / Radio install kit for 95?
Page 1 of 1