Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Car Show Day!

Go down 
+4
ghpcnm
th3fr4nchi5e
robotennis61
69GSColorado
8 posters
AuthorMessage
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Hey guys! Today I was off of work so I decided to host a personal car show for the family. I think this is the first time we've had all five cars clean at once. I spent the past two days detailing them! Anyways, I got this idea from Andrew and I thought it was really cool. It was a beautiful day outside and I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a photo shoot. I think I'm going to convince Dad to use one of these photos as our Christmas card next year haha. Enjoy!

Cars- Left to Right

1. 2005 Pontiac GTO- 6.0 LS2, Automatic, Red on Red Leather. FAAASSST!!!!!

2. 2003 Buick Regal GSX Stage 1- It's an authentic SLP GSX. Really rare car. The Stage 1 package came with an SLP catback exhaust and and a SLP cold air intake, plus some suspension and handling modifications. It has the GM Performance thicker front and rear sway bars and a strut tower brace. We also recently put a 3" stainless ZZP downpipe on it to eliminate the U bend.
I love driving this car. It handles like it's on rails. The GSX is my dad's car, and it's his daily driver.

3. 1969 Buick GS Colorado- I don't know if you've ever heard of a GS California, but basically it was just a stripped down regular GS without the luxuries of power windows, seats, and chrome. However, 3 dealerships in the state of Colorado were having trouble selling the GS California's, because people in Colorado hated Californians and didn't want to be associated with them. So these dealerships took off the California emblems, and replaced them with Colorado emblems. This was only done at these three dealerships for the 68 and 69 Gran Sports. They're super rare, and not many were ever made. I got lucky and stumbled upon one when I was younger, and my Dad bought it for my first car. We've been fixing it up ever since. It currently has a stock rebuilt 455 in it will 4.33 gears. It will leave two black marks the for about 50 yards haha. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the numbers matching 350 to put back in it. I plan to make it one hot little small block.

4. 1987 Buick Grand National- This beauty is my Dad's pride and joy. This is the fastest car of the fleet, and it's about to be even faster. We're adding meth injection and some other goodies this summer so we can get this baby into the 11's!

5. 1996 Buick Riviera- I saved the best for last of course. Haha you guys can check my sig for the mod list, but I don't have to tell you what an awesome car the Riviera is. I'd argue it's the best looking of the bunch, but it's definitely a tough one.

Car Show Day! Photo-10

Car Show Day! Photo-11

Car Show Day! Photo-12

Car Show Day! Photo-14

Car Show Day! Photo-15

Car Show Day! Photo-16

Car Show Day! Photo-17

Car Show Day! Photo-18

Car Show Day! Photo-19

Car Show Day! Photo-20

Car Show Day! Photo-21

Car Show Day! Photo-22

Car Show Day! Photo-23

Car Show Day! Photo-24

Car Show Day! Photo-25

Car Show Day! Photo-26

Thanks for looking!

Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Oh man the Grand National is so frakin sexy man! The Grand National is faster than the GTO??
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Great looking rides! I bet they're all very different to drive and all a blast in their own ways!
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:10 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
Oh man the Grand National is so frakin sexy man! The Grand National is faster than the GTO??

In the quarter mile, yes, because the GN can spool up before launch. If you're going to roll race, I'd say the GTO would win.
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm

th3fr4nchi5e wrote:
Great looking rides! I bet they're all very different to drive and all a blast in their own ways!

Thanks man! Yeah it's a blast going from one car to another. They all have completely different road manners haha
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:37 pm

69GSColorado wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:

In the quarter mile, yes, because the GN can spool up before launch. If you're going to roll race, I'd say the GTO would win.

Ok.so the GN is enginered to go in a straight line or does it get down in the corners too? Is your GN set up for drag racing or autocross?
I test rode a GTO a few years back.I lined up next to a yellow porsche Turbo and the sound of the engine had the Porsche driver gulping!
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Merit : 23

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:42 pm

thumbsup Great lineup !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:59 am

I see a lonely gen 7 riv in the background wanting to play...
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:34 am

SHIT YEAH! AWESOME COLLECTION!!!!! WOT, I MEAN WOOT!
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Merit : 37

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:42 am

Jordon,
If you're not already a member of the Riviera Owners Association, please join. The 2014 International meet will be in Colorado Springs in June, and you really need to enter your awsome '96 Riviera!
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:03 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
69GSColorado wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:

Ok.so the GN is enginered to go in a straight line or does it get down in the corners too? Is your GN set up for drag racing or autocross?
I test rode a GTO a few years back.I lined up next to a yellow porsche Turbo and the sound of the engine had the Porsche driver gulping!

Haha it's definitely not set up to autocross. We have taken it drag racing a few times. It's a blast! However, Our GN has a few suspension upgrades including the GNX rear seat bracing and quick ratio steering and handles really well in my opinion. It's night and day compared to the 69 haha.
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Ship wrote:
Jordon,
If you're not already a member of the Riviera Owners Association, please join. The 2014 International meet will be in Colorado Springs in June, and you really need to enter your awsome '96 Riviera!

Thanks Dave! I've been thinking about joining recently. If I'm not mistaken, it's not too late to attend this year's meet right?
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Merit : 37

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:39 pm

My understanding is that May 24 was the postmark deadline for full registration to the 2013 ROA meet in Lexington, KY. I believe you can register your car on the day of the show (6/27, Thursday) but no goodie bag and no access to the hospitality room....its day-of-show-only. You can email Ray Knott at ray@rivowners.org to get clarification/assistance. The ROA website is www.rivowners.org and its only $30/year to become a member and worth every penny. Registration for the 2014 ROA meet will be open sometime late this year/early next.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:08 pm

I love the 69 GS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car Show Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Show Day!   Car Show Day! Empty

Back to top Go down