Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!

Go down 
+5
matt270avian
turtleman
Abaddon
AA
charlieRobinson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! Empty
PostSubject: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 am

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR BIN FILE PLAY WORLD
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rjnzlmedlmi36d/uw6JLFeR9V

Notes:
DHP does not support 99 Rivs.
Part numbers for the 98 and 99 PCM are different

Last edited by charlieRobinson on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:45 am

Hmm. '98 physical PCM swap?!!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 am

Yep. I could scan, log, and download the file, but it wouldn't allow me to make any changes whatsoever. It came up with "unsupported file, contact DHP for assistance". Turns out, '99 Rivs ARE NOT listed on the vehicles supported. Only '96-'98 Rivs are supported.

Not sure if a '98 PCM will work, but I'm going to find out. I was a bit disappointed that he drove all that way and we couldn't do anything with it. Well, we got his spark plugs changed, but that's it. confused
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 am

Since the part #s for the 2 PCMs are different, I am curious to see how the stock values in the PCMs differ.

Can HP tuners save files in bin format or do they have their own proprietary file?

If we can rip it on HP and open it in DHP it might be interesting to compare. And at least we would have a ghost image of the 99 stock BIN incase anyone else runs into this issue.

Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
Since the part #s for the 2 PCMs are different, I am curious to see how the stock values in the PCMs differ.

Can HP tuners save files in bin format or do they have their own proprietary file?

If we can rip it on HP and open it in DHP it might be interesting to compare. And at least we would have a ghost image of the 99 stock BIN incase anyone else runs into this issue.

Unfortunately hptuners saves bins as .hpt which is unusable by dhp. Hptuners will open bins though. If it weren't for the PCM part number being different, I'd probably open the 99 file up in tinytuner and play with it to try to get dhp to upload it. But the only realistic thing I could suggest is to see if there are any differences in the pcm wiring pinout between 98-99 and just swap in a 98 pcm and tune away.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:45 pm

turtleman wrote:

charlieRobinson wrote:

Unfortunately hptuners saves bins as .hpt which is unusable by dhp. Hptuners will open bins though. If it weren't for the PCM part number being different, I'd probably open the 99 file up in tinytuner and play with it to try to get dhp to upload it. But the only realistic thing I could suggest is to see if there are any differences in the pcm wiring pinout between 98-99 and just swap in a 98 pcm and tune away.
Also I checked the hptuners tune repository and no 99 files. In fact the only riv files I saw were a stock file from me and one from Dave Norris lol.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks for the help yesterday, Codith.

Strange huh? I'm going to keep looking into the 98pcm difference and I think Scott might be able to get some info from his sources too.

Worse comes to worst, I guess I will have to bump HP tuners up on the mod list.

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Hey, dudes. I added a DL link for the 99 bin file on the first post of this thread.
Lemme know if you have any problems DLing it.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 am

No offense Charlie, but that site seemed kind of sketchy. I saved it in my dropbox in case anyone doesn't trust that site.

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:05 pm

matt270avian wrote:
No offense Charlie, but that site seemed kind of sketchy. I saved it in my dropbox in case anyone doesn't trust that site.

LOL no offense taken. The link I made works fine for me though.

I will put yours on the top post too. Thanks, Matt.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:54 pm

No problem. I'm trying to gather everyone's DHP/HPT files to keep as backups/references.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 pm

I organized the folder today so that it is much easier to understand. I also gathered a few more bin files thanks to deekster_caddy. Does anyone know who Pat is? One of the bin files is named "Pat-stock-199x". Deekster also provided me with some tuning guides that may help you guys out. I still need a 96 and 97 bin file.

Dropbox link (same as the one at the top of this thread):

RIVIerror likes this post

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Tits. I'm going to retitle this thread and link your dropbox!

Nice!
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 pm

The Pat file was for a 98 supercharged. Not sure what has been done to it (or any of the others) but I moved it. DHP gave me an error when opening it but HPT worked just fine.

EDIT: Got my/Mr.Riviera's bin files up (1996). We share pretty much the same tune except he has his adjusted for the LQ4 MAF.
Back to top Go down
Buickryder
Special
Buickryder

Name : Vincene
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptySun May 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Does anyone here still have the bin files for a 97 N/A and S/C?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyFri May 19, 2017 11:24 am

Bin file location not working anymore. Anyone still have any of these?

Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyThu May 25, 2017 5:14 pm

I don't think I have any '96 .bin files....
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyTue May 30, 2017 11:35 am

Sorry guys, those files are probably long gone. If it's any consolation the '96 files I did have were pretty much stock. BillBoost had a huge collection of bins if you can reach him somehow. Try just searching for his DropBox if it's still up.
Back to top Go down
kylan_13

Name : dylan
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 4:32 am

what about a stock bin for the 98, does anybody have that still? my rivs osid is unsupported so I cant use my dhp until I can find one. Id appreciate enough that I could even throw you a few bucks for a bin that works.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 am

Abaddon wrote:
I don't think I have any '96 .bin files....

Could someone get at them with a Tech II and GM subscription link?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 8:46 pm

kylan_13 wrote:
what about a stock bin for the 98, does anybody have that still? my rivs osid is unsupported so I cant use my dhp until I can find one. Id appreciate enough that I could even throw you a few bucks for a bin that works.

I have one. Let me know where to send it

albertj wrote:
Could someone get at them with a Tech II and GM subscription link?

You could probably get the file, but I'm not sure how to make it work with a tuner. GM doesn't allow for ANYTHING read/write when it comes to program files. All they are id DL and upload.
Back to top Go down
kylan_13

Name : dylan
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 pm

[quote="Abaddon"]
kylan_13 wrote:

I have one. Let me know where to send it

sent pm, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!   Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside! Empty

Back to top Go down

Riviera (and others) PCM Bin Files Inside!
Page 1 of 1