Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Who remembers me?!!??

Go down 
+5
ZEP
Z-type
stan
robotennis61
xxsupergman25xx
9 posters
AuthorMessage
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

Who remembers me?!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:18 pm

hey everyone!!! im not 100% set yet, but after buying my 2011 sonata in 2010..im close to coming back to the buick family in the 13 or 14 regal. going tomorrow to take a look at some. hoping to land a 2014 turbo premium under 32k. or a 2013 premium 3 for under 30.

i miss my riv and this regal will do it best to take its place!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:08 pm

I remember ya! hope ya get the right Regal!
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:14 pm

i see some rivs time to time around here. all beat up. wish it was mine.

reason now im switching back to luxury is im graduating and saving 10-20mpg isnt that large of a deal anymore. i almost got a CTS but the comparison to regal made the regal more appealing to me. plus i love my buicks.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Getting a Regal?man that's good,but if you travel everyday why not Chevy Volt? no?
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey it's Scott! Someone from my part of the woods!

I've played with the Regals at my local dealer since we know the owner. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a 2013 GS.
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 pm

stan wrote:
Getting a Regal?man that's good,but if you travel everyday why not Chevy Volt? no?

ummm. no chevy and that is overpriced.

Z-type wrote:
Hey it's Scott! Someone from my part of the woods!

I've played with the Regals at my local dealer since we know the owner. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a 2013 GS.

im not getting a GS, im leaning towards a 2014 this second. i like the newer design on interior.
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Oh I know you're not...just stating how much I like them:D . When I was there last, my dealer didn't have any '14s in yet - I didn't know they changed some of the interior. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Who remembers me?!!?? 2014-buick-regal-model-overview-interior-01-videocap

Who remembers me?!!?? 2013-regal-overview-technology-intellilink-mm-1-655x385_01_24_13

check out the center console and the guage cluster. MUCH more computerized in 14 model.
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:45 pm

wb Scott, I remember you! Iirc, you're the first guy to do the thick chrome grille look and I copied you right after seeing it. Lol - still my favorite mod
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:45 am

haha thats awesome ZEP! god i miss that look! i miss my riv dearly. right now im at a standstill with the regal. i test drove the 13 and 14 but the technology and design of 14 has me swayed WAYYYY in that direction. the only problem is i dont want AWD and thats all thats out right now in my area. they said they will order me one and will take 5-8 weeks. so im just looking around and waiting.

its about 33k for the premium 1 package. premium 2&3 have a lot of random options that im not interested in, like having a little light go on when a car is next to me to know not to change lanes. its actually annoying and a distraction. also has a GPS and some things like telling me where gas stations and movies are playing/times. uhhh..yea i have a smartphone. waste of money.

hope to land it in next couple months! im being optimistic!!
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Scotty! I'm glad you're back! Wow yeah that's a noticeable difference there in the technology. That's a lot of F'in buttons! I really don't know that I like all this crazy tech stuff in cars nowadays but I haven't actually used any of it - just hear people bitch about stuff not working or just sucking in general and so fourth and then you're just stuck with it 'cause it's fully integrated to the car. Anyway hell yeah to the regal!
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:24 pm

ZEP, you should really consider a less than 10,000 mile 2012 or 2013 Regal GS. They're all over autotrader for less than 30K. The extra features of the looks of the GS would make it an easy choice for me! IMO, it's the best looking sedan on the market.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Regal GS is awesome. I'd love to own one. Just as a fair warning, be prepared to write big checks for regular maintenance. The Brembo brake pads wear out VERY fast, and are extremely noisy. The factory replacement pads are $350. They also eat the rotors alive. The tires are also above $300 (the Pirellis's). Struts, same thing.
You CAN put "normal" brake pads on the car. They aren't noisy and don't eat the rotors. There is a bulletin out for this noisy brake concern and to install "normal" brake pads. However, these pads take away the "track readiness" of the vehicle.
Oh, and the A/C compressor is loud on the car too. We've had many people bring back the GS for that concern. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the compressor, but the design of it all is noisy. GM has bought back a few GS models for this reason. We do nothing but clean them up and sell 'em as a Used vehicle.

Basically what I'm saying is that it isn't a typical luxury Buick. Many customers that buy them expect them to be quiet. They're WRONG. It's a damn sports car!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Scotty, good call on the Regal that's not super-premium! All those gadgets, imo, would be a massive distraction. Looks like a TON of buttons but that's not at all a bad thing. Matter of fact, I went to the Philly Auto show a few years back and got inside a Mercedes R350. I couldn't believe how many freaking buttons were in that thing. If you coupled the R350's interior with the Riv's exterior, I think you would almost literally have a spaceship. Good luck Scott! Post pics when you get one!

Jordon, I'm actually not in the market for another car right now but the GSes sound like excellent deals. Right now, I'm definitely looking... salivating sick but not in the market. I think I'll wait for the 2014-2015 GN or GNX or maybe save up for a (fingers crossed) new-model Riv that hopefully will be released in the future. A Scion FR-S wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 6:29 pm

UPDATE: I have a deal in line for a 2014 Regal Premium 1. Base has ehhh in it. premium 2 has a bunch of safety crap that i find unnecessary and GS is out of my price range and like mentioned, the cost to own is VERY high. the deal i have in place is pretty outstanding, it is so good it makes more sense to get the car than to keep my 2011 sonata. My sonata needs new tires BAD, near bald, over next 6 months ill need new brakes and rotors. I negotiated a 32,480 MSRP down to 25,750. my sonata is worth about 11k trade in and i owe 7400. soo, theyre knocking a crap load off. Its a dark gray with black interior. it is sexy. The buicks arent selling well so theyre just trying to get them off the lots plus end of year and some sales are down. I am planning to meet with them monday to lock it up and drive it away!

the 2014 is very smooth car. i loved driving it the 3 test drives, a premium 2, and 2 premium 1s of the 14 and drove one of the 13s.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:14 pm

CONGRATULATIONS  clap 
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:31 am

ZEP wrote:
wb Scott, I remember you! Iirc, you're the first guy to do the thick chrome grille look and I copied you right after seeing it. Lol - still my favorite mod

i think i may try and do a thick chrome grill again. well see. i cant remember if the one im getting is blacked out or chrome.
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:13 am

xxsupergman25xx wrote:

ZEP wrote:

i think i may try and do a thick chrome grill again. well see. i cant remember if the one im getting is blacked out or chrome.

Nice! You mean on the new Regal? That could be sick, but I'd imagine the edges of the chrome stripping might be exposed (the ugly gray ends) if you put it on a Regal grille. On the Riv, the ends are hidden b/c the grille is recessed. But I dunno, probably won't hurt to try!

Congrats on the new whip man... apparently dealers all over the place are having a tough time selling Buicks. I almost jumped on a lease deal that was just going at a NJ dealership: 2014 Verano with OnStar, XM radio, and complimentary maintenance leased for 24 months @ $99 per month, $1000 down. I don't think I've seen a lease deal that low for years.

Btw post pics!
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:18 am

yea, i noticed that as well. Ill have to investigate and try. they also have the cadillac looking mesh grills which look sharp.

i noticed that they were hard to move. i def knew that as bargaining power, i also didnt NEED a car, so i walked out 2 times when they didnt hit my number i wanted. i ended up getting 2 calls yesterday that were matching each other. i just basically had to make sure i got proper financing and of course, the color i wanted wink

ZEP you might know, the onstar app for 2014's, it says if u access it once during the trial, you have access to the key lock functions on the app for 5 years of purchase date. is that true? cuz thats an awesome bonus.

i almost got the verano, just a little too small for me. wanted to keep similar size to the sonata. + i think the 14 verano interior didnt have intellilink 2, which was huge for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers me?!!??   Who remembers me?!!?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who remembers me?!!??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: