Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Looking for a extrememly random part

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

Name : Todd Balestrini
Merit : 5

Looking for a extrememly random part Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a extrememly random part   Looking for a extrememly random part EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Years ago when I did the water pump I remember finding a metal sleeve under the car when I was done with the job. I didnt know for sure if it came from the Riviera or was left from some other one of my many projects so I never looked into it. Well today I'm taking off the engine mount bracket to do the belts and I finally realize what that sleeve was for  shout  . It's the sleeve for the stud on the firewall side of the engine bracket and I can't find it on the holy grail of part numbers. Any way to find this part?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a extrememly random part   Looking for a extrememly random part EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Junk yard.....
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a extrememly random part   Looking for a extrememly random part EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Get a 97+ mount while you're at it. Apparently they make belt swaps easier, I just don't remember the exact details as to why.
Back to top Go down
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

Name : Todd Balestrini
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a extrememly random part   Looking for a extrememly random part EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Well after using some forensic analysis on the bolt and comparing it with the sleeve on the top that is part of the bracket I determined that the sleeve is 2-1/16" long. I'll probably head over to Home Depot racing and pick up a small steel pipe and cut it to that length, it could work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a extrememly random part   Looking for a extrememly random part Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a extrememly random part
Page 1 of 1