Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Another Cassette Problem - need repair help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richouser
Amateur

Name : Richard
Merit : 0

Another Cassette Problem - need repair help Empty
PostSubject: Another Cassette Problem - need repair help   Another Cassette Problem - need repair help EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:34 pm

I have a 1997 SC that came with a great sounding factory sound system (to me) which I upgraded the speakers and very much enjoy. The cassette player had a pickup device jammed in it and I took the cassette unit apart to extract the device since I could not get it to eject. It would not function after reassembly and I heard a loud pop when I put power to it. I purchased a working complete head unit from a 1998 thinking it would be a simple swap. The '98 cassette unit works in the 98 unit, but not in mine (it runs through the eject sequence continually). I do not want to install the 98 head unit because it just doesn't sound as good as my original 97. I will keep the head unit as a spare.

So I would like to find a tech that I can send my 97 cassette player to, along with the 98 cassette player (all functions good) to use for parts as necessary and have mine repaired. I'll gladly pay. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Richard
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Another Cassette Problem - need repair help   Another Cassette Problem - need repair help EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:46 pm

curious what did you pay for the 98 and why not just buy a 97 one/ btw i still have my stock one at home and yes it works and yeah ive got a 97
Back to top Go down
Richouser
Amateur

Name : Richard
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Another Cassette Problem - need repair help   Another Cassette Problem - need repair help EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Hey Josh,

I paid $45 for it from a salvage yard, guaranteed to function. I am suspect that the prior owner tweaked my unit because there is evidence of big amps and other electronic gear present in the car and then removed before I bought it. I am an audiophile (my home system is tubes and vinyl) and this particular 97 unit just sounds great, and far better than the 98's I have tried in the car. Now maybe all 97's sound this good. it appears my option at this point is to repair the cassette player it came with and continue to enjoy this one. Or to experiment a bit more but that is getting costly. Is your 97 unit for sale?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Cassette Problem - need repair help   Another Cassette Problem - need repair help Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Cassette Problem - need repair help
Page 1 of 1