Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New user/Riv lover

Go down 
+8
T Riley
Mr.Riviera
jax95riv
97rivman
98riv
1998 Riv
SpaceBar
Oblivious
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Oblivious
Special

Merit : 0

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Hey guys, my name's Nik. I'm 19 and looking for a nice rig to buy as a present to myself for my birthday. Today I went to a local mechanics shop to talk with an acquaintance of mine about vehicles available for sale. After the guy named the generic Dodge Neons, Honda Civics and Accords, Toyota Corollas and Celicas, he mentioned a few other, not-so-popular cars among young buyers. The Buick Riviera was one of them. Hearing that it comes stock with a supercharged V6, I became very interested. This little pony is a 98 with around 75,000 mi. The only thing wrong with it is the radiator, which is getting replaced as soon as the baby finds a loving owner. So far I am very impressed with the vehicle. The test drive was great. It runs very smooth and quite, which is great because I am a sleeper type of guy. The ride is nice and soft. The only thing that distracts me from completely being head over heels about this car is the paint job. The disgusting faded green is definitely an eye-boggle. But that will not keep me from buying the car. I am handing the $4,500 out pretty soon. I am very eager to make this baby roar out on the streets.
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 10:31 pm

Welcome to the site! You will love the Riv if you buy it.

Check out the FAQ and read up about modding these cars. They can be a very fast sleeper. wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Oblivious
Special

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Actually customization is one of my top priorities for this great new project car. This is going to be my first project car and I can't seem to find a lot of tweaks available. I joined this forum hoping I would be able to obtain some advice about this car and the dress-up components.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:05 am

Oblivious wrote:
Actually customization is one of my top priorities for this great new project car. This is going to be my first project car and I can't seem to find a lot of tweaks available. I joined this forum hoping I would be able to obtain some advice about this car and the dress-up components.

Welcome to the forum! Read, read and read some more. LOTS of "tweaks" you can do to our cars. smile
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 1:02 am

Check out the link in my sig. It should help answer some of your questions that you may have.

Welcome to the forum!

Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex
Merit : 2

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 am

Oblivious wrote:

if customization is one of your top priorities, you picked the right car. As for direct aftermarket, doesnt really exist, at least 25% of modifications standard for GTP's are sorta of a PIA. check out the "bad mother fµ©ker" thread, thats mine.....
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 8:44 am

Hey Nik, welcome to the forum! happy Everyone has different taste and people have taken there riv in many directions. Take some time and go through the showroom and check out all the rides. I never knew there were other riv lovers out there until I found this site. Enjoy, and ask away if you/when you have any questions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:12 am

welcome to the riv family!
as said before please read through some of our topics, we have spend years compiling research on these cars, but there are still more mods to be found!

Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 2:26 pm

WELCOME dogg............................
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
mcgusto82
Enthusiast
mcgusto82

Name : Gus

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 3:23 pm

yo0 yo0 ! welcome to the site.
As a sleeper, there isn't much better out there. It can be your luxury car as well as a weekend racer.
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm

welcome nik, congrats on the investment happy
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 5:01 pm

Welcome to the site Nik, congrats on your decision for you ride. We all like our Rivs. Best of both worlds,luxury and scary quick.......... yay
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
pwmin
Enthusiast
pwmin

Name : Paul
Merit : 6

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 2:08 am

you wont regret buying a riv.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New user/Riv lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user/Riv lover   New user/Riv lover Empty

Back to top Go down

New user/Riv lover
Page 1 of 1