Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Radar/Laser detector reviews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Radar/Laser detector reviews Empty
PostSubject: Radar/Laser detector reviews   Radar/Laser detector reviews EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Does anyone absolutely love their radar detector because it has saved them numerous times?

Please recommend some models to me. I am shopping for one now.

Thank you! yay 
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Radar/Laser detector reviews   Radar/Laser detector reviews EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:24 pm

The Valentine One's seem to be the best out there. In pretty much every case when mine went off I could see the cop in the distance. Realistically they're kind of useless unless you go on a lot of trips and don't know every little spot where cops hide. I still have never gotten pulled over/ticketed (knocks on woodgrain) mainly because I take the back roads and know where they hide on the main roads. Personally I don't even use mine unless the trip is 1 hour +.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Radar/Laser detector reviews   Radar/Laser detector reviews EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:27 pm

I have a circle loop I do on the highway for 'tuning' purposes.

I know it well enough that I know where I need to be careful but I think a solid radar detector may ease my mind. That's what I really want it for.

I just dont want to halfass the purchase if going all the way and dropping the coin is the only way to get the results I am looking for, ya know?

I am checking out online reviews but want to know what you guys think of the ones you probably dont even have..
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Radar/Laser detector reviews   Radar/Laser detector reviews EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:41 pm

If I could buy any one I wanted I would get the Valentine. I like how it shows you which direction the signal is coming from in an easy and understandable manner. I also like how it shows you how many signals are hitting it at once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radar/Laser detector reviews   Radar/Laser detector reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Radar/Laser detector reviews
Page 1 of 1