Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Need help with wires under rear seat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with wires under rear seat   Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Sorry about the delay, I got busy and kind of forgot until a couple of days ago …

I have looked and figured it best to “show” you the wires instead of trying to explain them. I can’t say for certain what they do but I can tell you exactly where they go!

On my ’95, which I am pretty much certain is unmolested, the wires you are looking at go into, or come from, depending on how you look at it, the very base of the battery connector itself.

The first picture is taken from above the battery, looking down and slightly forward. Mainly just to show where the connector is.

Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 Wires-10

The second is taken from aft of the battery looking forward, it shows where the wires are taped to the main battery wire, runs along the main wire for an inch or so, and then terminates into the base of the battery terminal end.

Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 Wires-11

The third picture, again from aft of the battery looking forward, is a little better view of where the wires terminate into the battery terminal.

Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 Wires-12

I didn’t take the terminal apart to see exactly where the wires go but if you need me to I can see what I can do.

Again, sorry about the delay, Hope this helps,
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
billfrank85

Name : Will
Merit : 0

Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with wires under rear seat   Need help with wires under rear seat - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:18 pm

albertj must've been right in saying that they were for the battery thermistor! I'm going to take the rear seat out in a bit and check that terminal. Thank you for the pictures! This was exactly what I was looking for!
Back to top Go down

Need help with wires under rear seat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: