Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Supercharger vacuum plug?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

Name : Ruben
Merit : 4

Supercharger vacuum plug? Empty
PostSubject: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm in the process of replacing the engine would I be able to plug this hole in the supercharger? My original sc does not use this vacuum line. I'm trying to decide whether to use the original supercharger off of my engine or the new one on the replacement engine

Supercharger vacuum plug? <a href=Supercharger vacuum plug? Img_2017" />

Last edited by chitown_riv98 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 pm

This is the original one off the engine

[img]Supercharger vacuum plug? Img_2016[/img]
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:22 pm

You can just plug that no problem. I'd use whatever supercharger is in better condition. Look at the black coating on the rotors, feel the coupler for play, etc. The blower with that extra vac/boost tree is older than your original but that boost tree is a kinda handy thing to have there because then you don't have to re-tee the lower intake nipple when that fitting breaks, just run hoses to the blower tree for the boost control solenoid and fuel pressure regulator then there's just a single line that needs to go back to the MAP sensor.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:34 pm

I was doing a once-over on everything and I noticed this:

Supercharger vacuum plug? 2014-119

I'm assuming there should be a plug or something there?
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:36 pm

That's just a vent for the boost solenoid...it used to have a little rectangular sponge over it but most of ours have worn away. It's ok to leave it be.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks guys. I was just gonna swap the snout since mine has the 3.4 pulley and I replaced the coupler already. The sc with that vacuum tree came outta 96 with low miles.
Back to top Go down
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:25 pm

turtleman wrote:
You can just plug that no problem. I'd use whatever supercharger is in better condition. Look at the black coating on the rotors, feel the coupler for play, etc. The blower with that extra vac/boost tree is older than your original but that boost tree is a kinda handy thing to have there because then you don't have to re-tee the lower intake nipple when that fitting breaks, just run hoses to the blower tree for the boost control solenoid and fuel pressure regulator then there's just a single line that needs to go back to the MAP sensor.

That's a great idea about rerouting the vac lines. I had a hell of a time finding the tees, elbows & different diameter lines to redo my vac lines. I think I'm just gonna use that tee to do what u suggested turtleman. Would it supply the same vac pressure?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:08 pm

chitown_riv98 wrote:
That's a great idea about rerouting the vac lines. I had a hell of a time finding the tees, elbows & different diameter lines to redo my vac lines. I think I'm just gonna use that tee to do what u suggested turtleman. Would it supply the same vac pressure?

Just get a few different diameters of line. Then use the bigger line as a coupler between OEM stuff and the new stuff. The pre-packaged line that AutoZone sells fits perfectly over a lot of the stock stuff.
Back to top Go down
KnottyEagle
Fanatic
KnottyEagle

Name : Daymon
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:28 pm

If you're willing to shell out the cash, you can buy a complete vacuum hose kit from HPSI Motorsports http://www.hpsimotorsports.com/ It's pricey, but the vacuum T's fit snugly and the line is cut to the exact length you'll need. Instuctions are also included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supercharger vacuum plug?   Supercharger vacuum plug? Empty

Back to top Go down

Supercharger vacuum plug?
Page 1 of 1