Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor Empty
PostSubject: trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor   trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 6:07 pm

I have two hard codes that I am having THE WORST of luck trying to eliminate for this (pardon my french) F*U*C*K*I*N*G emissions test. I've had this cam sensor (perf / rang) code since I got the car pretty much. Replaced the sensor. nothing... I read at...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bellsouthpwp.net/p/a/padgett46/camsens.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bellsouthpwp.net/p/a/padgett46/cammag.htm&h=352&w=325&sz=28&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=6x2wycm9qbE42M:&tbnh=120&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3D3800%2Bengine%2Bcam%2Bsensor%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

...that I may need to replace the magnetic interrupter for the sensor. (it's the most retarded things that fail on these cars i swear)

Anyway, I decided I need a break from that because the cam sensor kind of sucked a little bit to replace so I went on to the MAF sensor issue. I saw that mine has a minor crack on the top and I figured it is probable to be bad now. I bought one at work today for $165 (less $70 upon core return) and put it in in 20 seconds. And BAAM the code comes back faster than that. I took it for a drive frantically hoping that the PCM would recognize a good sensor but so far no. I'm going nuts here. My buddy at GM is going to email me the troubleshooting procedure for it tonight but finding out its a wiring problem isnt going to make me feel any better. thats for sure. At this point, a $100 PCM is really no biggie.

I couldn't help but wonder, however, if that FWI is in some way responsible for it. I realize that many of you guys have this and im guessing without a MIL lit up for it so any thoughts?? please cry
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor   trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:31 pm

Really don't see how a FWI could cause a cam sensor code. I don't see how it could be related to the MAF, either. A quick scan can tell you if the MAF sensor is working correctly. Sorry you spent the money on that.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor   trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 12:31 am

HAHAHAHAHAA u know what..........................my FWI the piece's kept sliding off and i was like wtf why a code AND THEN when i RUBBER CEMENTED them together NO MORE GODD DAMN codes IMAGINE THAT wtf
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor   trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 12:43 am

well i think i might have shed some light on this. The code says low voltage so I just unplugged it to see it It changed (drivability or code wise) and not so much to my surprise, nothing changed. So basically I have driving without a MAF sensor for 4 months. how do you like that. Anyway I started poking and shifting with the wiring and the engine starts wandering (which is a good thing!) when I do this the throttle response is actually responsive wooowee. but I guess i'm lookin at repairing wiring which is a nightmare to me and i'm a part time electrician. so i guess im returning that new MAF sensor and then i'm gonna stand in front of the car and scratch my head about the wires
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor   trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 8:50 am

I had the cam sensor code too. I just replaced the cam sensor while doing the cam the other day. Haven't had it pop up yet.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor   trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor Empty

Back to top Go down

trouble codes - MAF / cam sensor
Page 1 of 1