Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FOUND someone with the tuner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

FOUND someone with the tuner Empty
PostSubject: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 5:39 am

YAY.............. founda freind with the tuner he has a 98 regal gs......... and ALLLL MODDED Out ........ errrthang............. sooooooooooooo he is gonna tune my car........ I HAVE NO idea what he is gonna do ANY SUGGESTIONS on ewhat i should say for the MOST POWER.......???????
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 5:51 am

98riviera98 wrote:
YAY.............. founda freind with the tuner he has a 98 regal gs......... and ALLLL MODDED Out ........ errrthang............. sooooooooooooo he is gonna tune my car........ I HAVE NO idea what he is gonna do ANY SUGGESTIONS on ewhat i should say for the MOST POWER.......???????

If you can get his tuner to work, I would remove the torque control stuff that limits your power. Then scan and look for weak points. Lean fuel mixture, low O2 levels at WOT, stuff like that.

maybe bump up the pressure on your shifts for firmer shifts since you have the 4t65E tranny... but DONT raise your shift points with the minor mods you have. I dont know what "pcm" means on your mod list. Maybe some of these things have already been done if you have 1.5bin.
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 3:57 pm

No, I didn't find someone with a tuner, but I wondered if I could get opinions on this product:
High-Performance Tuner Chip
It's cheap vs. a real tuner, and if it does what it says, that's fine with me.
Plug, plug out smile Easy Peasy.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 6:16 pm

denim wrote:
No, I didn't find someone with a tuner, but I wondered if I could get opinions on this product:
High-Performance Tuner Chip
It's cheap vs. a real tuner, and if it does what it says, that's fine with me.
Plug, plug out smile Easy Peasy.

This has come up before, I think the word was No. Or maybe Hell No.
But you'll need to do a search, I don't remember the thread exactly.
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

PostSubject: Re: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 pm

I expect you are referring to a post like this one, about half way down the page.

Yikes!

Still, I'm looking for a plug and play option. Would that mean replacing the main chip?
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

PostSubject: Re: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 6:41 pm

Oops...
Here's the link:
Fake Chip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOUND someone with the tuner   FOUND someone with the tuner Empty

Back to top Go down

FOUND someone with the tuner
Page 1 of 1