Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

repairable?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
designer1962
Enthusiast
designer1962

Name : Harvey
Merit : 3

repairable? Empty
PostSubject: repairable?   repairable? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 pm

The connector on my AC compressor has broken. The some of the plastic surround and one of the pins have broken off. This is the connector on top of the compressor that connects to the wiring harness. It appears to be part of the compressor and not replaceable. Has anyone ever dealt with this by perhaps gerry rigging something (maybe a paper clip fot the pin) or will I have to replace the entire compessor which is good just for that connector?

Keeping fingers crossed for a fix.
Back to top Go down
designer1962
Enthusiast
designer1962

Name : Harvey
Merit : 3

repairable? Empty
PostSubject: yes, it's repairable   repairable? EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 9:13 pm

After a litle research, I discovered that the plug that broke on my AC condenser is replacable. Unfortunately it is a part of the clutch coil and appears to require replacing of the entire coil. They cost between $45 and $85 depending where you buy it. It also requires removing and replacing the entire clutch assembly.

I also found that the plug in connector from the wiring harness on my car was totally fried. That too is fixable. A pigtail with the correct oval shape is available at a few places costing from $6 up to $27.

So there you have it. Apparently this isn't something any of you have ever dealt with.

Thanks and I hope this is helpful to anyone who may run into this in the future.
Back to top Go down

repairable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: