Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Pics of my "new" wheels

Go down 
+8
SpaceBar
mcgusto82
rivparadise
RhinoFLA
1998 Riv
jax95riv
Andysdorm
Brad95Riv
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad95Riv
Brad95Riv

Name : Brad
Merit : 0

Pics of my "new" wheels Empty
PostSubject: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 pm

I've never posted pics of my Riv here, which is unfortunate. These first pics won't be the greatest, as I haven't washed it today, but mainly it's just for my new wheels. I got a good deal on the wheels, and I like how they brighten up the look of the car a bit, especially with this darker, not-too-splashy color of purple. For now, at least, my original wheels will be used for my winter tires.

So here's a shot of the wheel. Lighting wasn't the greatest, and someday I'll have to clean everything up and take some pics.

Pics of my "new" wheels Wheel

And here's a pic I took of the car a few years ago with the original wheels:
Pics of my "new" wheels 8b39

Here's the car today:
Pics of my "new" wheels Riviera

And finally, I noticed that the center caps are made a little better than the Riviera's center caps. I believe this wheel was from a 2002 Park Ave (or maybe a Lesabre). It has a metal ring and not nearly as much plastic as the Riv's cap. I'll try to grab a pic of the Riv's center cap tomorrow..
Pics of my "new" wheels Cap
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 pm

that's a nice looking Riv. Those purple abergine Rivs are few and far between a real rarity. I like it it's like a gray purple like a type of slate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 10:11 pm

I like the new rims. I didn't think there would be that much difference, but when you compare the two pics, it's a very noticable. Clean looking ride. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 pm

8 spokes instead of 12? You bet it looks better!
Back to top Go down
Brad95Riv
Brad95Riv

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Andysdorm wrote:
that's a nice looking Riv. Those purple abergine Rivs are few and far between a real rarity. I like it it's like a gray purple like a type of slate.

Yeah, I have been quite surprised over the 3+ years I've owned this car as to how rare the color is. I've only seen other ones on the net - never in person.

It has been mistaken for gray and blue, and once was called a Rolls Royce on an overnight parking ramp slip! lol
Back to top Go down
Brad95Riv
Brad95Riv

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 5:48 pm

And thanks for the nice comments guys. I need to wash and wax it one of these days. That should make it look far better. Should've done it before the bugs started littering the front end though...
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 8:17 pm

wow, love the color and the 8 spokes
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Like the rims, they work.
Always wondered what a set of other Buick wheels would look like.
Love the color
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
Brad95Riv
Brad95Riv

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 1:26 am

Wow, I didn't think I'd get so many comments on the color. Guess I really do need to make it shine! (BTW, I'm shooting at a wash and wax tomorrow if the weather holds)

The only thing I was unsure of with these wheels is the tri-shield logo, as it's really nonexistent on our Rivieras (except the steering wheel, anyway). But it looks fine, and it still surprises me how noticeable the difference is even from a distance with these new wheels.

I will be sure to post new pics when I get 'er cleaned up a bit! Thanks again for the nice comments. smile
Back to top Go down
mcgusto82
Enthusiast
mcgusto82

Name : Gus

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 8:27 am

The wheels look good. Definately a difference. I agree with you, the Tri-Shield is umm iffy..
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 8:34 am

mcgusto82 wrote:
The wheels look good. Definately a difference. I agree with you, the Tri-Shield is umm iffy..

agree Looks good but I don't know about the tri-shield. wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 10:36 am

You might be able to find some "R" logo wheel centers that are adhesive backed. I have one on my pill container. They come in different sizes. Try E-bay or swap meets.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Brad95Riv wrote:
Wow, I didn't think I'd get so many comments on the color. Guess I really do need to make it shine! (BTW, I'm shooting at a wash and wax tomorrow if the weather holds)

I will be sure to post new pics when I get 'er cleaned up a bit! Thanks again for the nice comments. smile

I like the color too.
Since I'm going to use the interior out of the spare '95 I have in my '65 I'm thinking of using that color on it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
dadeboy305
Amateur

Name : Keith

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 12:51 am

actually...it works. it looks good. im HUGE on wheels, i will tell u str8 up if it looks lame.

i think people can agree when i say that this is a good way to keep it "factory" and maintain a good look
Back to top Go down
zetabird
Amateur

Name : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 8:46 pm

what the name and paint code of that paint its the same as mine and i need some
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 4:23 pm

zetabird wrote:
what the name and paint code of that paint its the same as mine and i need some
The name is Smokey Amethyst Metallic, the code I'd have to look and see if I could find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my "new" wheels   Pics of my "new" wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

Pics of my "new" wheels
Page 1 of 1