Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Is this a cellphone thing?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Is this a cellphone thing? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Is this a cellphone thing? Cellphone_clip

Looks like a busted thing a cellphone used to hang on. I would like to remove it, if there isn't a hole behind it. How do these things attach? Destructively? I didn't see a hole on the other side of the dash panel, but maybe I didn't look close enough for it. I'm hoping it's just some 3M tape and I can pull this thing off, wipe off the tape residue, and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:09 pm

If it was screwed in wouldn't there be a screw on the side you can see? You were thinking about getting a dash kit anyway just pull it off if there is a hole it just gives you another reason to get the dash kit to cover up the hole. wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 pm

SpaceBar wrote:
If it was screwed in wouldn't there be a screw on the side you can see?

Yeah, if it was a screw. What I'm worried about is, there could be a plastic prong molded onto the back of the thingie, pressed and glued into a hole punched in the dash. That's how I'd do it if I wanted it to hold up to abuse.

Maybe I'll just go pull the damn thing out and find out. I can always put it back in, provided I don't rip up the dash.

SpaceBar wrote:

You were thinking about getting a dash kit anyway just pull it off if there is a hole it just gives you another reason to get the dash kit to cover up the hole. wink

Ha ha, but I want to get 99Rivman's $40 eBay deal, and may have to wait a while. When I can though I am all over it!

edit --

It was taped on. I'm impressed with the strength of the tape. I had to use both hands to get it off.
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 9:44 am

Jack the R wrote:

edit --

It was taped on. I'm impressed with the strength of the tape. I had to use both hands to get it off.

Good news. wink Did it leave any marks or were you able to get rid of it all?
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 10:42 am

don't you hate those things, it's just as bad as bumper stickers. Oh handsfree, I'm gonna be cool too, whatever lol

My dad bought one for the Murano and just as he finished applying it the car depreciated lmao It's so freakn' huge and takes away from the overall look of the car. It sucks and we don't even use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 3:55 pm

No marks. A little armor all and elbow grease took the tape residue off.

Betweent his and fixing the loose vent vane my dash has made a big improvement. It's amazing how little flaws add up to make a car look trashy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a cellphone thing?   Is this a cellphone thing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a cellphone thing?
Page 1 of 1