Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

PCM or TCM?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

Name : Timothy
Merit : 0

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello all. The internet says part #16218974 is the temperature control module in my '97, but then the internet says it's the performance control module in a '95. Can anyone help? My quest is to find the pcm.
Back to top Go down
http://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:05 pm

R1V 1T UP wrote:
Hello all. The internet says part #16218974 is the temperature control module in my '97, but then the internet says it's the performance control module in a '95. Can anyone help? My quest is to find the pcm.  

You might want to ignore the internet and just look the part up on a GM parts site like gmpartsdirect.com or a catalog like rockauto.com, see what number they give you. Also if you pull the part from your car a parts counter person at pretty much any GM dealer will be able to give you a workable cross reference number.

Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Good call. I should've checked wholesalegmpartsonline.com before asking. Turns out I pulled out the temperature control module instead of the pcm. I should've known it was the cool looking hefty metal case thing.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 pm

R1V 1T UP wrote:
Good call. I should've checked wholesalegmpartsonline.com before asking. Turns out I pulled out the temperature control module instead of the pcm. I should've known it was the cool looking hefty metal case thing.

No prob.

BTW there are good sellers of used PCMs on eBay (just look at their ratings) if you just need one. I don't remember which I used, but I think for something like this you can pretty much go by buyer feedback. IMHO the seller you want is the one who'll send you a ready-to-install PCM flashed to your VIN -- that's what I did.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for the input. My post was based on me pulling parts from a rust bucket I bought a couple years back. I did find a Riv with a lot less rust for a low price since then and have kept the first to get parts. Yesterday I was under the dash and wasn't sure which was which so I pulled the temp module. I'll be going back for the PCM very soon so there's no need to buy anything here.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 1:39 pm

R1V 1T UP wrote:
Thanks for the input. My post was based on me pulling parts from a rust bucket I bought a couple years back. I did find a Riv with a lot less rust for a low price since then and have kept the first to get parts.  Yesterday I was under the dash and wasn't sure which was which so I pulled the temp module. I'll be going back for the PCM very soon so there's no need to buy anything here.

You're welcome, and yes being upside down under the dash isn't conducive to thinking straight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PCM or TCM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM or TCM?   PCM or TCM? Empty

Back to top Go down

PCM or TCM?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Scans, Tuning, PCM-
Jump to: