Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Any idea what this chip goes to ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
srjen1

Name : Stephen
Merit : 2

Any idea what this chip goes to ? Empty
PostSubject: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Bought a 95sc Riv a little while back only 31k for miles on it (see pic in welcome section today). Previous owner told me he had just changed the sc pully to a 2.5 inch.   After running car I realized there was an air leak, (engine light on after idling for awhile)   changed sc gasket and and is ok now.   Reading posts on this site I checked plugs, original AC plugs, changed them to auto lite 605.  Not sure if thermostat was changed but car runs 2 lines below 200.  So I put the original 2.85 pully back on, car runs great.  But I found this chip in the glove box, texted previous owner what this was, never heard back.  I think i have the car back to stock,    the radio was changed out , not sure if this  chip  has anything to do with the radio.   ThanksAny idea what this chip goes to ? 03051810
Back to top Go down
srjen1

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 8:33 am

Thanks to reading this site I see the 95 Riv has a prom chip that can be changed in the pcm, I thought the previous owner may have changed it with this chip with the sc pully. Looks like the pcm is a 28 pin chip, this is 24 so i'm not as worried about it. Love reading info here.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 am

Hello Stephen,
As an OBD 2.0 owner, I had the same thought that you did.  
Also, I had a 1.0 car that took THIRTEEN chips before the factory got it 'right...  allegedly.

However, I think we may be right with our guts.  Check out this old Summit Racing listing's numbers:
 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-71-8026antt/overview/

Sure seems awfully similar,
Mark
Back to top Go down
srjen1

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks Eldo
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

You're very welcome...
Let us know if I was actually right~
Back to top Go down
srjen1

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 am

We got hit with a bunch of snow, car in the garage covered up. I might have to take a look at the chip thats in the car now. Not sure what the original # or letters should be on the chip for a 95sc Riv. I looked at that site, might try and send a question to them about that chip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what this chip goes to ?   Any idea what this chip goes to ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any idea what this chip goes to ?
Page 1 of 1